UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What are nootropics? Do they actually do anything in the gym? Are they legal and safe? Looking for something to give me a bit of oomph in the gym

·
Registered
76 Posts
If using any of the racetams I'd supplement with some choline, usual APC is recommended, or eat alot of rich in choline foods as they tend to give you a headache otherwise.
I preferred aniracetam and oxiracetam over piracetam for general day to day usage, and noopept preworkout I enjoy for good focus.
They're nothing outstanding, but I do find they help out on days when there's alot to get done and you need to keep focused on task at hand.

Not something I'd use if I was sitting around scratching my arse all day though.

There's plenty more other than racetams which have their own benefits and usage.

Just my experience with them though.

·
Mr Universe
9,726 Posts
Ive tried Modafinal and Noopept with good results, nowadays I prefer the legal ones like Strom’s Clean kill.
Big fan of Strom but i didnt rate their Clean Kill, just fault lacking for me. Missus gets on fine with it, uses it for work as well as training.

I do rate Supp Needs Pre-Focus+. I use a serving mixed with DeFib and get cracking focus and energy/stamina.

·
Gym Addict
666 Posts
Big fan of Strom but i didnt rate their Clean Kill, just fault lacking for me. Missus gets on fine with it, uses it for work as well as training.

I do rate Supp Needs Pre-Focus+. I use a serving mixed with DeFib and get cracking focus and energy/stamina.

Yeah I like clean kill for pre workout but I prefer supportmax nuero for nootropic purposes.

I’ll look at supplement needs pre focus

·
Newbie Trainer
2,169 Posts
I'm sorry if I insult you, if you are a supplier of supplements, I would not take anything for free, good luck and have a nice day

Wysłane z mojego SM-G770F przy użyciu Tapatalka
Well, really wasn’t expecting that.

Maybe a telephone number or a dickpic.

But not that.

·
Premium Member
3,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So from reading the comments they will give you less oomph than a high amount of caffeine but it doesn’t have the come down?

·
Registered
76 Posts
I wouldn't say oomph from them. Modafinal will be like speed without being wired. You just keep going like duracell battery. You could have slept half an hour over night and 200mg of that will keep you going all day and struggling to sleep at night.

Racetams all have their own cognitive properties, some report benefits others don't seem to get much from them.

·
Mr Universe
9,726 Posts
I wouldn't say oomph from them. Modafinal will be like speed without being wired. You just keep going like duracell battery. You could have slept half an hour over night and 200mg of that will keep you going all day and struggling to sleep at night.

Racetams all have their own cognitive properties, some report benefits others don't seem to get much from them.
My friend got some modafinil only the other day. She works weird shifts at Aldi so ideal for her. But, she took 2x tabs, 400mg! She needed loads of diaz to go to sleep.
She did say the same as above, you have energy but dont feel wired. Sounds bizarre.

·
Registered
76 Posts
My friend got some modafinil only the other day. She works weird shifts at Aldi so ideal for her. But, she took 2x tabs, 400mg! She needed loads of diaz to go to sleep.
She did say the same as above, you have energy but dont feel wired. Sounds bizarre.
Half a tab (100mg) before noon is fine for sleep usually. But 200mg keeps me going all day! Don't think you get much more benefit from going over 200mg but never tried it, and yeah usually need something strong to help sleep after! Couple of vallies or a hefty dose of phenibut usually works nicely

1 - 17 of 17 Posts