UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Newbie Trainer
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if these sound a bit pathetic but I guess you don't know if you don't ask!

When coming off steroids (permanently for example) do you lose all gains? (would still be training obviously, probably differently...if I were to stop.).

I'm sure I've read roids are unadviseable for under 21s and people relatively new to BBing, is this true?

That's all for now I guess, cheers in advance.

·
Mr Universe
6,244 Posts
you shouldnt lose all your gains as said above

but the look attained from steroids is the biggest loss

the full muscles from water/blood volume cant be got without steroids unfortunately

·
Banned
170 Posts
BobbyNoMuscles said:
Sorry if these sound a bit pathetic but I guess you don't know if you don't ask!

When coming off steroids (permanently for example) do you lose all gains? (would still be training obviously, probably differently...if I were to stop.).

I'm sure I've read roids are unadviseable for under 21s and people relatively new to BBing, is this true?

That's all for now I guess, cheers in advance.
That's not a stupid question it shows a questioning mind.

I am not going to get into the debate if roids should not be used in under 21's, various research shows that it would do more harm than good however experience has shown that people don't listen and take risks despite being told it's bad so you might as well look at harm reduction and minimisation.

I say don't but if you do try and explore something like anavar for an oral or testosterone enanthate don't do d-bol or tren.

PCT can be confusing to look at; here is what works for me;

20mg nolva for 30 days

50mg - 100mg* of clomid for 21 days

25mg Proviron every day only if required

Nolva up regulates the GnRH receptors and clomid will down regulate the GnRH receptors in the pituitary; proviron for mood and libido however only take if required.

*I take 100mg clomid however some people cannot tolerate this as they get emotional or have visual problems, start at 50mg. I can't seem to tolerate nolva however

·
Banned
518 Posts
Poseidon said:
That's not a stupid question it shows a questioning mind.

I am not going to get into the debate if roids should not be used in under 21's, various research shows that it would do more harm than good however experience has shown that people don't listen and take risks despite being told it's bad so you might as well look at harm reduction and minimisation.

I say don't but if you do try and explore something like anavar for an oral or testosterone enanthate don't do d-bol or tren.

PCT can be confusing to look at; here is what works for me;

20mg nolva for 30 days

50mg - 100mg* of clomid for 21 days

25mg Proviron every day only if required

Nolva up regulates the GnRH receptors and clomid will down regulate the GnRH receptors in the pituitary; proviron for mood and libido however only take if required.

*I take 100mg clomid however some people cannot tolerate this as they get emotional or have visual problems, start at 50mg. I can't seem to tolerate nolva however
you seemed to have changed your mind mate lol very good post indeed -rep

·
Newbie Trainer
84 Posts
Thanks for the posts, sorry I've only just picked them up now I thought I'd set it up to email me if there were any replies!

I'm still tormenting myself with the idea, would anyone mind advising if I give a bit of back ground? I'm a couple of months off 21; a couple of years ago I used to train really hard 3 times a week for around a year, never saw any gains (apart from fat loss) gym membership expired and they put up the rates + my lifestyle changed so I jacked it in. Fast forward to this year and I've been doing as much as possible with free weights at home, 2 or 3 times a week since March/april. Again seen no muscle increase. I'm careful not to overtrain and I was under the impression my diet was good.

So I've found myself in the situation that I just want a boost/shortcut, and I know it sounds stupid/naive.

Things putting me off are:

1)Doing a cycle then perhaps wanting to go natural for a bit and losing everything I've gained. (don't want to feel like I'm locked into them for the rest of my life!)

2)acne, bitch tits and the other possible side affects, I worry at my age I'll be really prone to acne and I already have quite big pecks which look bizzare with my skinny arms/rest so worry I'll be prone to gyno.

3) availability! No current idea of how to find a reputable website, and I do home gym so unless the cat's shifting gear I'm screwed.

·
Getting HUGE!
1,758 Posts
If you arent seeing gains at all, the 1st thing you need to look at is diet!

Also, what are you doing at home? Some guys on here train at home and do well but you may want to re-join that gym as you may not have all the gear you need like some of the lads here who have built alot of stuff up and have a room to train in etc.

·
Newbie Trainer
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
kevo said:
If you arent seeing gains at all, the 1st thing you need to look at is diet!

Also, what are you doing at home? Some guys on here train at home and do well but you may want to re-join that gym as you may not have all the gear you need like some of the lads here who have built alot of stuff up and have a room to train in etc.
Cheers for the reply kevo, if I'm honest I was planning to rejoin once I started seeing some gains my thinking is surely as a beginner doing what I'm doing I must be able to gain something before parting with hundreds!

I've been doing the below

rdfp22 said:
Try a simple push/pull/legs split:

Day 1: PUSH

Flat Bench Press

Incline DB Flyes

Incline DB Press

Triceps Pressdown

Skullcrushers

Dips

Military Press

Seated DB Press

Day 3: PULL

Deadlifts

Seated Row

Chin-ups

Preacher Curls

Hammer Curls

Barbell Curls

Day 5: LEGS

Squats

Hamstring Curls

Calf Raises

Leg Press

High Volume: 12-15 reps per set, 3 sets per exercise. Concentrate on strict form and emphasising the negative part of the movement.

See how you get on.

Someone else might want to post alternative splits, and by no means is this the only route you can take, just my suggestion.
I generally eat a bowl of porridge + protein shake in the morning, 3 hours later have a tin of tuna, after another 3 hours have a tin of tuna, 3 hoursish later have some sort of meat based meal be it chicken, mince meat etc. then a later have a protein shake. Basically running off 30g of protein every 3hours as a basic rule of thumb. I weight 185lb and I'm 6'3" bit of fat on my stomach.

·
Getting HUGE!
1,758 Posts
BobbyNoMuscles said:
I generally eat a bowl of porridge + protein shake in the morning, 3 hours later have a tin of tuna, after another 3 hours have a tin of tuna, 3 hoursish later have some sort of meat based meal be it chicken, mince meat etc. then a later have a protein shake. Basically running off 30g of protein every 3hours as a basic rule of thumb. I weight 185lb and I'm 6'3" bit of fat on my stomach.
Total cals will be a bit low, need to tweak the diet up mate, esp if you are someone that doesnt really put on weight anyway!

·
Newbie Trainer
84 Posts
kevo said:
Total cals will be a bit low, need to tweak the diet up mate, esp if you are someone that doesnt really put on weight anyway!
Probably should have mentioned the tins of tuna are consumed in the form of sandwiches! and there's carbs and shrubbery with my evening meal. Does that make much difference?

I put on fat well, just not muscle!

Edit: Oh and i'm drinking a couple of litres each day

·
Chance Favours the Prepared Mind
859 Posts
Sound to me like you are not putting enough calories on the menu and I would also up the training to at least 4 seshs a week.

If you nail everything (diet, training) all at once ANd go on cycle you will I`m sure be very happy with the results.

Ref: side effects, it doesn`t neccessarily follow that everyone is susceptible to the same sides etc etc

·
Newbie Trainer
84 Posts
skellan said:
Sound to me like you are not putting enough calories on the menu and I would also up the training to at least 4 seshs a week.

If you nail everything (diet, training) all at once ANd go on cycle you will I`m sure be very happy with the results.

Ref: side effects, it doesn`t neccessarily follow that everyone is susceptible to the same sides etc etc
Cheers for that, is it literally any calories or are you talking about calories from protein rich foods?

·
Gym Addict
219 Posts
sourcing can get u banneed mate, as rule of thumb i tend to follow eating around 2800-3000 healthy cals, getting down 300g protein 300g carbs, plenty water, no more than 40g of protein in one hit as the body struggles to process more than this and disgards the rest, id try playing with ur diet and throw an extra training sesh in mate, ul see a big difference,

and just out of interest wondered why no d-bol as first cycle, id say most of us started on prob 30-40mg ed of d-bol for first cycles?? :thumb:

·
Newbie Trainer
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cheers for that jonesy, going to take on some more calories and up the training, hope I don't just get fat!

Now considering that natradrol stuff, probably more untested/harmful than steroids but better than nothing?

Any views?

·
Newbie Trainer
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
BobbyNoMuscles said:
Cheers for that jonesy, going to take on some more calories and up the training, hope I don't just get fat!

Now considering that natradrol stuff, probably more untested/harmful than steroids but better than nothing?

Any views?
Also are GHs (ie ghrp6) legal?

Cheers

·
Newbie Trainer
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi guys -

You mentioned my calories might be a bit low, I've upped them but a bit concerned about a growing gut! Would chucking in some cardio post workout / pre breakfast just undo any good upping calories did?

Am I supposed to just weight until I have bulked a bit then cut?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.