UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys..

As the title really, in the last 8 years or so I have been training, I have not really followed a set routine, I always pretty much go all out for 3/4 weeks with smashing whatever bodypart I am training then do a week lighter work then back on it.

My weight started off at 9stone, benching 40kg and squatting 60kg

8 years on, im 15.5 stone, max bench is 165kg, I have squatted 220kg - I dont DL due to a prob with lower back but DB row the 70's in my gym for 8, T-Bar row 5 plates. This is all on cycle, at present its more like 140kg bench, 180kg squat.

I am wanting to get stronger in every area, willing to adapt a new training style away from BB for a while.

What do you all recommend? Do strength programmes actually work? I have incorporated 5x5 for a while, the way I have prgressed is adding on a bit every so often, got used to the negative then got on with pressing...

Im all out now, totally cant move up the weights but wanting to! All help is appreciated!

W

·
Premium Member
11,269 Posts
Hello mate,

I recently plateaued and so came up with an abbreviated training routine.

M - Squats, T - Bench Press, T - Shoulder Press, F - Deadlift. I do one warmup set and then 4 sets of 6 at max power. Seems too little but I have been doing it for 3 weeks and this week I PB'ed squats, bench press and DL. Therefore it is working for me.

Sort of Back to Basics routine.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers mate - Is that all your session consists of in total? I suppose if going for max power you will be pretty fckd anyways. How is your weight and physique holding out?

·
Premium Member
3,053 Posts
sorry if this seems like im advertising my journal,

but on page 2 theres a calculater that works out and tells you everything you need to do, and when, all you have to do is follow it, its a good little diddy!

·
Premium Member
11,269 Posts
Waheed_Akhtar said:
Cheers mate - Is that all your session consists of in total? I suppose if going for max power you will be pretty fckd anyways. How is your weight and physique holding out?
Yes, that is all. I am incredibly tired afterwards, my body is holding out well, some small niggle in the left shoulder, weight consistent at 254lbs, physique improving. Max = all out, no holds barred.

I'll update in another 3 weeks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.