·
Gym Addict
146 Posts
right guys ive started a new split and am just wondering oppinions

monday: back and biceps

wide grip lat pull down

bent over db rows

dead lifts

seated wide grip straight bar pulls (kinda made it up but its when you on the seated rows machine and use a wide straight bar and pull towards you squeezing your back)

db curls

straight bar curls

hammer curls

wednesday: legs and shoulders

db side lat raise

shoulder press

front db raise

squats

hamstring curl

seated calf raises

leg press to finish

friday : chest and tris

db press

incline bench

cable flyes

dips

skull crushers

tricep rope extensions

saturday : abs

just wanting your oppinions

i used to do a

monday : back

tues : tris and bis

wednesday: legs

thursday: shoulders

friday : chest

sat : abs

all days include a 5 min rowing warm up

and pretty much all lifts i do 3-4 sets 8 reps first set ,second set failure at around 7-8 ,third failure at 6-8 and if i do a fourth set its normally negatives 20 secs after the third set

but since ive joined a new gym where you have to pay for parking its ive tried to make a 3 day split and train abs at home

diet usual day goes

2 wheatabix and scrambled eggs (3 egg whites)

shake (2 scoops of myproteins impact whey 50g all together and 200ml milk)

whole tin of tuna wrap with lettuce or 2 chicken wraps

banana

something from my freezer

shake as above

dinner (what ever has been laid out for me)

another shake as above

wheatabix before bed

its not a strict diet i know but more of a try and hit the right amount of protein and eat big sort of thing i try and get around 2500 -3500 cals aday

180+ g of protein

body weight is 11stone 10

just looking for your advice please is it all ok

·
Gym Addict
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lurgilurg said:
routine looks decent.

but like you said the diet needs sorting out, if your looking to build muscle you want to be eating around every 3hours
cheers mate i and yeah i know but diet is one of my gremlins i wanna eat well and lots of it but money and work doesnt allow me so i just try and make up for it . i try and hit the right amount of cals and protein but for me one of the hardest parts . just got back from a chest and tris day today and it was ok i know ill be hurting but i only done 32.5kg db press for 8 then 35's for 6 then 32.5s for 8 again i know i can hit 3 sets of 8 at 34kg but i cannot find the dumbells in the gym which is a bit of a pain i only benched it was a decent workout but i know of done better ahh well as long as i grow a little

·
Getting HUGE!
1,607 Posts
i would do more for thighs on legs day, such as leg press and leg ext aswell and add more carbs and fats for 11 stone (154lb) id start at 250-300 carbs and 100g fats and see how it goes for a month depending on your metabolism.

·
Gym Addict
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
smaj210 said:
i would do more for thighs on legs day, such as leg press and leg ext aswell and add more carbs and fats for 11 stone (154lb) id start at 250-300 carbs and 100g fats and see how it goes for a month depending on your metabolism.
well this is just what im doing for abit and then im gonna mix it up and switch it round the main problem my legs (all the neglected mass of them) are very very very weak i mean like very weak as iv been training at home and not been able to really train them so i was doing squats to try and build abut of bulk on them first so my goals is to be 12 stone and be able to do 45 kg (100lbs) 3 sets of 8 db's press by the end of the year 80kg squat dunno about deadlifts as ive never really done them so i cant set a goal .

·
gaining....
53 Posts
don't bother with mass gainers yet mate, you can do a lit with wholefoods and i'm a big believer in them. only have shakes PWO and maybe preWO.

a couple of simple things i'd change to your diet are as follows:

2 wheatabix and scrambled eggs (3 egg whites)-----100g oats, 6 eggs (5 whites, 1 with yolk)

whole tin of tuna wrap with lettuce or 2 chicken wraps-----2xtins of tuna or 250g chicken, 150g rice

banana-----take that out

something from my freezer-----100g oats, 200g turkey

shake as above

another shake as above-----add some oats and nuts in here, i'd personally swap the shake for 6 eggs (5 whites, 1 yolk)

wheatabix before bed-----take that out

have 75g of broccoli or green beans with some of your meals too

and i wouldn't have milk with both your shakes. which ever one you have PWO add in some carbs too, oats, dextrose, waxy maize starch

this is a better option to start with in my opinion

·
Gym Addict
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Silverchair said:
don't bother with mass gainers yet mate, you can do a lit with wholefoods and i'm a big believer in them. only have shakes PWO and maybe preWO.

a couple of simple things i'd change to your diet are as follows:

2 wheatabix and scrambled eggs (3 egg whites)-----100g oats, 6 eggs (5 whites, 1 with yolk)

whole tin of tuna wrap with lettuce or 2 chicken wraps-----2xtins of tuna or 250g chicken, 150g rice

banana-----take that out

something from my freezer-----100g oats, 200g turkey

shake as above

another shake as above-----add some oats and nuts in here, i'd personally swap the shake for 6 eggs (5 whites, 1 yolk)

wheatabix before bed-----take that out

have 75g of broccoli or green beans with some of your meals too

and i wouldn't have milk with both your shakes. which ever one you have PWO add in some carbs too, oats, dextrose, waxy maize starch

this is a better option to start with in my opinion
thanks man for the advice and the time . i was gonna throw in some maltodextrin in my pwo shake and i shall buy some more eggs then i hear aldi sell them at 99p for 10? but thanks again for the advice

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.