UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Looking Freaky
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How long are you meant to keep it on charge for?! I know it's meant to be 12-24 hrs, but just dont understand why, if it's fully charged after 4-5 hours?!

·
Complete Basket Case
4,766 Posts
Its always best to charge ALL batteries for at least 8 hours for the first charge... so that the batteries individual cells are all full to some degree.. With NIMH its always best to do the charge then recharge thing 2-3 times to get the most out of it and at least once a month discharge it altogether (until the phone turns itself off)

Li-Ion and Li-Pol batteries don't have the memory effect that the older types (NIMH) did but its still always good to do a full discharge once every month or two.

I've found with my last couple of phones that the batteries have lasted longer (both in terms of longivety and talk/standby time) if I've discharged them... I found that if I didn't (ecspecially with a NIMH battery) that the battery life diminshed considerably.

·
Looking Freaky
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sound mate, cheers,not sure what type the battery is, the phones a samusng U900 Soul, ill just keep it on charge til tomorow, cant do it any harm! :)

·
Premium Member
2,604 Posts
most(all) modern mobile phones will automatically stop charging the battery once they reach capacity. charging is controlled in the software

1 - 4 of 4 Posts