UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey!!

So I got this done yesterday, its from dantes inferno, means "follow your own star and you will find your glorious port" obviousley thats literal from the poem and not means to be taken as is! I like it though! really happy with how its come out!

So my questions!!

obviousley I cant really squat for a couple weeks while it heals cos of the weight that would be on it directly - the star bit, can i?

Also things which might put pressure on it like leg press machine and stuff - any tips?

I wanna keep up my routine as much as possible but dont wanna **** it up!!

Also im really happy with how my backs coming along! 3 months ago i couldnt do a single pull up and has "no back", up to sets of 12 10 and 10 now! :) thats at 93kg body weight!

let me know what you think and if you can help me with a bit of advice that would be good!

(P.S it looks a bit of centre in the pic but its not haha!!)

post-36971-143614201336_thumb.jpg

Attachments

·
UKBFF NORTH EAST SCOTTISH CHAMPIONSHIPS 2011, JUNI
1,352 Posts
thats good mate ;)

really good position etc (i'm not being sarcasitic btw lol, it is genuinly a good place on your back for a tat ;) )

thought u might think i'm being sarcastic by saying the positioning is good because you mentioned it looking "off centre" ;)

·
attack on 2011
405 Posts
i have alot of ink, i would advise putting a t shirt on in the gym and squating like that, mainly if the bar rubs and causes the tattoo to irritate then it can cause problems and set back healing longer, but you should be fine tbh

·
Banned
5,342 Posts
najybomb said:
i have alot of ink, i would advise putting a t shirt on in the gym and squating like that, mainly if the bar rubs and causes the tattoo to irritate then it can cause problems and set back healing longer, but you should be fine tbh
Got any pictures of your ink?

·
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok cool sounds good!

tbh i havent heard it anywhere Cam i just thought it would be common sense not to put so much weight on it!!!

Lunges with dumbells Pira? - do unweighted ones in my conditioning workout

I might do below instead of my norm

Front squats x3

weighted Lunges x 3

weighted step ups x3 each leg

leg press x3

p.s. cheers Dazzz, I wanted to leave my shoulders/outer back free for further stuff in future!

·
1,352 Posts
also theres nothing wrong with for the next 2-4 weeks completly shocking your legs and brain by doing nothing but leg extensions like 10-15 sets of leg extensions or lunges ?

its not a permanent change in your routine and it will give your muscles somthing they are totally not use to.

Just while your back heals up good ;) defo dont want to mess anything up with the tat ;)

·
Gym Addict
437 Posts
Yes mate, I like to do weighted lunges either walking if the gym is quiet or just standing. You could try lunges with a bench, one leg on the bench ( I think they're called reverse lunges).

·
Getting HUGE!
1,511 Posts
for squats you could do front squats just for a week or two until its healed. But as for leg press just wear a t-shirt and you'll be fine, to be honest it won't irritate that much, just feels like a bit of sunburn.

·
Time to get hench!
734 Posts
Nice tat mate! Cover the thing in anusol (heaomerroid cream) before popping your t-shirt on and going down the gym. Will create a barrier over the tat so it won't ruin it but you'll probably still feel a little sore (like sunburn as said) due to the weight on the area. It won't mess your tat up though fella. I carried on right through when i had mine done on my arms and my shoulder blades and they were good, no problems (This included squatting with the bar although was only using 40kg). :D

·
1,352 Posts
i've really really been thinking about tattoo's recently !

i want one, i would love a tattoo but major problem is = I DONT HAVE A REASON FOR ONE :S

i only want one because i have always thought they looked cool, and they make you look cool as fu*k :D and i want to look cool as feck :) :)

but thats the stupidest reason to get a tat :(

i would love somthing like roger huerta's chest and arm piece ! i would happily get his exact tattoo as it is exactly what i want ! problem is it wont have any meaning and i would most definately regret it when i'm older !

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.mmaconvert.com/wp-content/uploads/post-images/bellator_roger_huerta-610x382.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.mmaconvert.com/category/fighters/lightweights/roger-huerta/&usg=__fmQStgqZ9Qeqy4zwHxGAUJIkUCw=&h=382&w=610&sz=37&hl=en&start=70&zoom=1&tbnid=PeJQde7aPFi-FM:&tbnh=122&tbnw=161&prev=/images%3Fq%3Droger%2Bhuerta%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26sa%3DN%26rlz%3D1B3GGGL_enGB345GB345%26biw%3D1024%26bih%3D543%26tbs%3Disch:10%2C1710&um=1&itbs=1&iact=rc&dur=445&ei=1cuATKbdCNS5jAf8joB9&oei=qcuATNb6N9ObOObmnZMO&esq=8&page=5&ndsp=18&ved=1t:429,r:8,s:70&tx=109&ty=67&biw=1024&bih=543

·
Getting HUGE!
1,511 Posts
doesnt have to mean something to get one mate, people seem to think that you need some story behind a tattoo to get one after programs like Miami Ink etc but the fact is if you like a design, and want it on you forever then go for it!

As it happens mine does have a story but i would have got one anyway lol

·
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Dazzaemm2k7 said:
i've really really been thinking about tattoo's recently !

i want one, i would love a tattoo but major problem is = I DONT HAVE A REASON FOR ONE :S

i only want one because i have always thought they looked cool, and they make you look cool as fu*k :D and i want to look cool as feck :) :)

but thats the stupidest reason to get a tat :(

i would love somthing like roger huerta's chest and arm piece ! i would happily get his exact tattoo as it is exactly what i want ! problem is it wont have any meaning and i would most definately regret it when i'm older !

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.mmaconvert.com/wp-content/uploads/post-images/bellator_roger_huerta-610x382.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.mmaconvert.com/category/fighters/lightweights/roger-huerta/&usg=__fmQStgqZ9Qeqy4zwHxGAUJIkUCw=&h=382&w=610&sz=37&hl=en&start=70&zoom=1&tbnid=PeJQde7aPFi-FM:&tbnh=122&tbnw=161&prev=/images%3Fq%3Droger%2Bhuerta%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26sa%3DN%26rlz%3D1B3GGGL_enGB345GB345%26biw%3D1024%26bih%3D543%26tbs%3Disch:10%2C1710&um=1&itbs=1&iact=rc&dur=445&ei=1cuATKbdCNS5jAf8joB9&oei=qcuATNb6N9ObOObmnZMO&esq=8&page=5&ndsp=18&ved=1t:429,r:8,s:70&tx=109&ty=67&biw=1024&bih=543
Nah man its not a stupid reason what so ever, some people are all emotional and stuff and have something to get one done for, some just think they look cool so get em!

if u like one get it!! just research it a lot first and make sure you make the right choice!

I just thought "go for it" with this one, as it looked cool and i like what it means, plus noone else had it when i googled it a bit haha!

I prefer like smart vintage looking ones, like thats me tho! Iv got a mate with a full sleeve like ur link and it looks cool as F!

dont let people judge you because you want one cos it looks cool - its your body, you want it to look how you want it to look, if people have a problem with that, it doesnt matter lol

·
1,352 Posts
i really REALLY think about things before i do them (i'm not saying any of you dont, i'm just saying me personally i completely over think things before i do them) so it will take me ages to finally decide on one lol !

i've always thought japanease style sleevs look cool (like dragons and koi fish etc) but what would i do to get one ?

just walk into a tattoo shop and say i want a koi fish sleeve with water and flowers and koi fish etc but have NO DESIGN in mind ?

just let the guy wing it and come up with somthing :S

only problem there is what if he makes somthing up and shows you it and you dont like it :S puts you in a really awkward position to say "no i dont like that", i just think i would be a nightmare client because i dont have anything specific in mind and am really fussy :S

lol fun times

·
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
haha nah research loads online, get a few pics of things that you like, then they can like arrange them on your arm,

any goooooood tattooist will enjoy doing it! speciallly as sleeves are good money for them and usually return business

i was nervous but just jump in and youll be dine once u have a few consultations

·
Getting HUGE!
1,511 Posts
I just went it to my studio, told the artist what i was after and he came up with some ideas and eventually drew a design and i tweaked little bits here and there until i was happy with it.

They actually want you to say when your not happy so please don't just say yes to be polite.

This is mine when it was just finished (crap quality picture)

17443_433743265312_670385312_104311.jpg

And also a my pheonix on the inside just before i had the background all filled in with smoke.

IMG00053-20100221-1053.jpg

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.