UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi lads, I got talking to my mate the other day about training and we both decided we need to lean up and cut. So we have decided the hit the cardio more with ony 3 weight sessions a week. Then we went a step further and have decided to run a marathon some time next year. This scares the hell out me cause i cant run more than a few mtrs with out stopping. Im a lifter not a runner. But started this morning trainin and ended up blowing out my **** lol. I want one of those heart rate monitos watched so i can make sure im in the right zone for burning fat. I have one year to train so wanna get on it. Any idead which is the best value heart monitor watch out there.

·
United > England
2,031 Posts
forget the heart monitor and listen to your body

i trained for a half marathon in 2007 and started smoking 10 a day, boozing most nights and was overweight

did my first run and did about a mile and spewed

next time i did a mile and a half

next time 2 miles and so on

sometimes i ran twice a week, some 3 times, again listen to your body and see how your legs feel

i got to apoint within 7 weeks i was running 10 miles twice a week

you find a pace where your breathing is steady and in rythm.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.