UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 383 Posts

·
ALPHABIX for breakfast every day.
3,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right some of you may remember me some may not.

Been in and out this game like a [email protected] yoyo.

Well, ive been back into it for about 5-6 weeks now, and ive put on a stone. A full stone! Well pleased with progress.

I work out in my garage so i am slightly limited to what i can do, but i'm making progress so it's all good. I would like to compete one day, i'm staying natty for now but never say never ey?

Now for some statistics:

Height: 6' 1

Weight: 11st 10.6 (taken from a second ago)

Benching about 50kg, lowering with each set, cant remember all my weights ill post em up after i complete each routine next week.

The routine:

Monday: Chest and Biceps

Tuesday: Shoulders and Abs

Wednesday: Back and Triceps

Thursday: Legs and Biceps

I have only recently included a second bicep session to my weekly routine as i was seeing little to no progress in my biceps.

Added some crappy pics, will do more when i find time.

Dimensions:

Arms Tensed: 12.5 (Not tensed 12)

Forearm: 11.5

Chest tensed: 42 (Not tensed 39.5)

Waist: 32

Goals (6 months from now):

Arms tensed: 14

Chest un-tensed: 42

Weight: 13st

Thankyou and goodbye :)

post-33797-143614199768_thumb.jpg

post-33797-143614199789_thumb.jpg

post-33797-143614199806_thumb.jpg

Attachments

·
225 lbs and gaining
2,167 Posts
Good luck mate, I'll pop in from time to time. Chest is looking good mate, when your guns get a few more inches on them you'll look real good. What do you do for triceps out of interest?

·
in a quest to grow and attain abs together
3,851 Posts
Good luck buddy! Id watch what your doing with biceps cause your hitting them 3! Times a week mate, so you may be overtraining if you do this? Not sure mate just an observation, will follow with interest :)

·
3,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bulkamania said:
What do you do for triceps out of interest?
Dumbell tricep extensions, either layed down or stood up, and then i pull out two chairs from the decking and do dips using the backs of each of them :)

Ryan16 said:
Id watch what your doing with biceps cause your hitting them 3! Times a week mate, so you may be overtraining if you do this?
I'm guessing you're counting back exercises as my 3rd one right? I thought this too, but as you can see i have small biceps, and ive not seen any improvements in them since i started training about a year ago (been out of the game a few times) so i'm going to see how this goes. If i fail then i guess ill go back to 1 (or 2 counting back) and try some different methods.

Thanks for the good luck guys, i'm 17 today btw, my last thread was made when i was 16 check it out if you want to see improvements, so in 6 months ill be 17 and a half, hopefully by the time im 18 ill be pretty big :D !

·
3,851 Posts
Barker said:
I'm guessing you're counting back exercises as my 3rd one right? I thought this too, but as you can see i have small biceps, and ive not seen any improvements in them since i started training about a year ago (been out of the game a few times) so i'm going to see how this goes. If i fail then i guess ill go back to 1 (or 2 counting back) and try some different methods.

Thanks for the good luck guys, i'm 17 today btw, my last thread was made when i was 16 check it out if you want to see improvements, so in 6 months ill be 17 and a half, hopefully by the time im 18 ill be pretty big :D !
You might not think your seeing progress but it will be there, as youve said youve been out a few times in the last year so its not really been consistant, ive been eating sleeping and training hard over the past 6 months and my arms have went from 13" to 14.4" last time i checked, remember your arm suze isnt all bicep, they will look sh1t if you have under developed triceps, id be patient mate make the eat sleep train consistant and it will come trust me :)

Happy birthday btw :D its good being 17 you dont sound so young! Lol you gona do lessons for driving soon?

·
3,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ryan16 said:
You might not think your seeing progress but it will be there, as youve said youve been out a few times in the last year so its not really been consistant, ive been eating sleeping and training hard over the past 6 months and my arms have went from 13" to 14.4" last time i checked, remember your arm suze isnt all bicep, they will look sh1t if you have under developed triceps, id be patient mate make the eat sleep train consistant and it will come trust me :)

Happy birthday btw :D its good being 17 you dont sound so young! Lol you gona do lessons for driving soon?
Thing is ive only really seen half an inch growth since i started working out, or the first time i measured them. Got a feeling its something to do with my genetics. My triceps are 'better' than my biceps so to speak, they just don't seem to grow. I'm sticking at it now anyway and im eating and training lots and have been for the past 5-6 weeks and ive seen some far better improvements from when i used to work out.

And cheers :) yeah got my first lesson booked for tuesday, im pretty obsessed with cars so can't wait till i can drive, then maybe ill join a gym :thumbup1:

·
225 lbs and gaining
2,167 Posts
Just try training biceps twice a week mate, it works well for some. I need to too as they're kind of my lagging muscle too. For triceps maybe try some close grip bench presses? As you probably know, triceps make up 2/3 of the upper arm so you really want to hit them hard. I do CGBP, weighted dips, skull crushers and tricep pushdowns. I often do something called FST-7 on the pushdowns, look it up mate. You could try it on biceps to shock them into growth :)

·
3,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
oh cool just found a thread on here about it, might give that a go if i see no improvement for the next two weeks or so

one thing i have started doing are 21's, burns like a fvcker, cant straighten my arms at all after ive done em haha feels great

·
225 lbs and gaining
2,167 Posts
Yeah I might give them ago next Wednesday, been meaning to try them for ages. Also, do you do things like drop sets and super sets? They can shock muscles into growth too.

·
Cutting properly this time 1lb a week until I am h
634 Posts
You got a great base to start from. I wish I had a base like that, could just be on permanent bulk. I always end up fat, have to cut again and lose my strength. I've been fat most of my life though.

·
3,851 Posts
Barker said:
Thing is ive only really seen half an inch growth since i started working out, or the first time i measured them. Got a feeling its something to do with my genetics. My triceps are 'better' than my biceps so to speak, they just don't seem to grow. I'm sticking at it now anyway and im eating and training lots and have been for the past 5-6 weeks and ive seen some far better improvements from when i used to work out.

And cheers :) yeah got my first lesson booked for tuesday, im pretty obsessed with cars so can't wait till i can drive, then maybe ill join a gym :thumbup1:
just keep it consistant this time!! lol and the gains will come :D wont know if its genetics or not untill probs bout a years training lol but even then someone with p1ss poor genetics can still achieve greatness with a consistant effort :beer:

nice one, dont you need your provisional to do that tho ? lol

·
3,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ryan16 said:
nice one, dont you need your provisional to do that tho ? lol
Yeah had my provisional a while, can get it at 16 in case you didnt know

And orite Jamie, am not bad ta how are you? you look lots bigger from when we last spoke :p

·
3,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Bulkamania said:
Yeah I might give them ago next Wednesday, been meaning to try them for ages. Also, do you do things like drop sets and super sets? They can shock muscles into growth too.
Due to me working out in my garage drop sets are hard, means i have to be as quick as i can taking weight off the bar and its just too much hassle half the time. Although i do sometimes with my shoulders do a barbell military press then right after do some dumbell shoulder presses to act as a sort of drop set.

Really need some more weights, or to join a gym.

·
225 lbs and gaining
2,167 Posts
Barker said:
Due to me working out in my garage drop sets are hard, means i have to be as quick as i can taking weight off the bar and its just too much hassle half the time. Although i do sometimes with my shoulders do a barbell military press then right after do some dumbell shoulder presses to act as a sort of drop set.

Really need some more weights, or to join a gym.
Yeah I train at home too mate, you can still get round doing drop sets though. If I was to do a bicep curl drop set, I'd set them up with a few 5kg's instead of 10kg's so once I've finished the first set I can just chuck two 5kg's off then carry on. To save more time, just leave the collars off. As long as your grip is the same each side, there's no reason the weights will fall off :thumbup1:

1 - 20 of 383 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.