UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Newbie Body Builder
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the moment I'm trying for a baby but i want to start bodybuilding to put my mind off it would it harm baby if i was lifting heavy weights

·
Newbie Trainer
51 Posts
I would'nt advocate lifting any kind of heavy weights during pregnancy as it simply puts too much strain on the body, your body will start taking all the nutrients when your baby inside you will need alot of it, however my wife is extremly fit and has remained so all her adult life, she used to be a top 3 competitor in the uk and has had 3 children ta boot, she swears by swimming during pregnancy together with straight leg raises and reverse straight leg raises which can be done on your living room floor. Both strengthen the lower back (which will ache like mad once you get a decent bump going on) and keep your abdomin in great shape, all can be done for the full term of the preganancy.

Then hit the gym hard after you have finished breast feeding. Thats what my missus did and she has remained in fantastic shape.

Hope this helps.

Good Luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.