UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
8,552 Posts
Ok dude...I will send you to the right places that can help you construct a diet that will work for you...If you don't understand why you are doing what you are doing you probably won't stick to it long, so time to put on your reading glasses and get comfy cause this could take awhile...

Link 1:

Link 2:

After you have made up a sample diet with foods you like to eat, bring it back to the board to get more individual help...If your seriouse about your training I would start a journal with info like your current diet,routine,goals,age, weight and height...It will give ppl a place to check in on you and give you constructive critism...Best of luck...

·
Newbie Trainer
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cellaratt said:
Ok dude...I will send you to the right places that can help you construct a diet that will work for you...If you don't understand why you are doing what you are doing you probably won't stick to it long, so time to put on your reading glasses and get comfy cause this could take awhile...

Link 1:

Link 2:

After you have made up a sample diet with foods you like to eat, bring it back to the board to get more individual help...If your seriouse about your training I would start a journal with info like your current diet,routine,goals,age, weight and height...It will give ppl a place to check in on you and give you constructive critism...Best of luck...
Cheers, I will take a look and see what I can come up with the thing I am worried about is my belly is already too big if I eat more than I am currently eating wont it just get bigger ?

·
Newbie Trainer
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cellaratt said:
no...thats not how it works...it might take a little while but eventually it will click and make sense...just be patiant, that is the hardest part of the game...
How do I know how many callories a should be consuming each day and how much protein etc... I dont know my BF ?

·
Optimum nutrition Rep
10,834 Posts
the only way to know exactly is to pick an amount say 3000 cals and eat that for a week. If you gain weight then lower it an vice versa. you keep doing this until you find your maintanance cals. his means the amount of cals you need per day to stay the same weight. then you add cal to gain weight or subtract to loose.

there are formulas you can get if you search on here and on google but this is the most accurate way it is just time consuming but worth it.

Also protein you want atleast 1g per pound of bodyweight if you dont know your bf levels. Id say 1.5g if you can.

·
Newbie Trainer
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hilly2008 said:
the only way to know exactly is to pick an amount say 3000 cals and eat that for a week. If you gain weight then lower it an vice versa. you keep doing this until you find your maintanance cals. his means the amount of cals you need per day to stay the same weight. then you add cal to gain weight or subtract to loose.

there are formulas you can get if you search on here and on google but this is the most accurate way it is just time consuming but worth it.

Also protein you want atleast 1g per pound of bodyweight if you dont know your bf levels. Id say 1.5g if you can.
Cheers mate so I need to aim for 3000 cals & 1.5g protein a day then I need to drop it a bit below maintenance to loose by belly or do I up it to build muscle and eventually my belly will go anyway ?

·
Optimum nutrition Rep
10,834 Posts
No to get rid of your belly you need to loose bf so this would be eating below maintanance. however if you are fairly new to training i would say eat at maintanance while training and introduce some cardio say 30-40 mins 3-4 times a week and see how that works, preferable in the morning before breaky if you can.

·
Newbie Trainer
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Slamdog said:
no, 1.5g x your weight in pounds =

so, if you are 200lbs then 1.5x200=300g
Oh right I knew something wasnt quite right so I need to add alot more protein to my diet....

so I am 76kg which converts to 167.551 pound so

167.551 x 1.5 = 251.33 so I need to det another 90g of protein from somwhere I didnt relise I should be consuming anywhere near this amount of protein each day.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.