UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Gym Addict
141 Posts
I'm interested to learn if AAS have any adverse effects on natural test levels, after cessation. Obviously problems may occur where compounds are used for extended periods, and users may find themselves needing testosterone replacemen therapy. But for those of us who use sensibly, with shorter durations, good pct and long recovery periods off is there going to be any adverse side effects in terms of natural test production- could it be lowered? Is there any chance it could fail to return to pre AAS use levels (obviously taking age into consideration).

·
Gym Addict
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did you read the question mate? I asked if AAS have adverse effects on natural test levels after cessation and PCT. Ie, will ones testosterone levels be permanently affected atall, or will they always return to base levels given time...

Zak FLEX said:
ofcourse thats why you should always have post cycle therapy.. jus sayin

·
Newbie Trainer
65 Posts
Kyusho said:
Did you read the question mate? I asked if AAS have adverse effects on natural test levels after cessation and PCT. Ie, will ones testosterone levels be permanently affected atall, or will they always return to base levels given time...
im going to be honest nope i didnt. not to be rude but the qeustion is rather vague it depends on what products you are speaking about in perticular substance your are talking about its its just plain old test then test levels do go back to normal but this also depends on the dosage and more inportantly age. some one will come along soon and anawer your qeustion sorry.

·
Gym Addict
303 Posts
I've done three cycles over last 2 years, now on my 4th, first was t-bol only, second was test-e only and third was test and npp for 16 weeks. My test level before id ever touched any gear was 23.5, 3 months after pct on my third cycle my test was back upto 22.5 on a scale of 3 - 28. Although my test levels returned to amost pre steroid levels, my natty sex drive was noticeably lower not sure for the reason for this though.

Steve

·
Gym Addict
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Interesting, thanks for the reply Steve- I presume those levels are for free testosterone? Do you think the 1 digit fluctuation could have been caused by AAS use, or would you put that down to aging (slightly) or just natural fluctuation. I also assume you are comparing your sex drive before and after cycle, not in comparison with whilst on test? Interesting. Reppedfor the good response.

steve_1111uk said:
I've done three cycles over last 2 years, now on my 4th, first was t-bol only, second was test-e only and third was test and npp for 16 weeks. My test level before id ever touched any gear was 23.5, 3 months after pct on my third cycle my test was back upto 22.5 on a scale of 3 - 28. Although my test levels returned to amost pre steroid levels, my natty sex drive was noticeably lower not sure for the reason for this though.

Steve

·
Looking Freaky
791 Posts
I have had testosterone measured on two occasions after 6-week cycles of dianobol and on both occasions I have had results indicating that I had returned to pre-cycle levels. This took around six weeks to occur if I remember correctly.

Last summer I did a short (6-week) cycle of test prop, it knocked me for six and I could not recover, I did everything by the book -hCG during cycle, AI during cycle, correct PCT. After 3-months I still had almost no T production and jumped back on - I heavily dosed hCG during cycle and recovered a little better but still not back to pre-cycle levels. 12 nmol/L after cycle - 29 nmol/L prior to summer cycle. After another 3-months of no improvement I jumped on again thinking I was TRT bound but lo and behold after 8-weeks of test E I recovered very quickly and felt great before my 5-week PCT was finished. I have just had levels measured and am at 31 nmol/L - 9-weeks post cycle, 4 weeks post PCT.

Why did I recover this time? I have no real idea - luck? There may be a few factors that helped. I completely de stressed my life prior to PCT, went on a three week holiday in sun, did not work for the whole PCT (lucky my job allows this) and cut back on training time. From 5-8 times per week to total body 2-3 times per week. I also increased calories especially carbs and fats. Supplement wise - overdosed on zinc, vit c, vit d, fish oils and used 10g of dried ginger a day. I don t know if these helped or not - but I am recovered now.

It has made me think twice about steroid use and I won t use again unless I get to the stage of life where TRT will enhance my quality of life. I am 44 and have used on and off for around 20 years, not a great deal mainly short oral cycles and sometimes going 2-3 years without.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.