UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
Full Body Routine.
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Thanks for all the replies. I'll look up the gyms mentioned on google out of interest, be a bit of an authority in my own town on National Gym companies in the end... 😜

·
Premium Member
2,070 Posts
Any place that has more treadmills, bikes, cross trainers etc.. than free weights is best avoided like the plague.

The only people i know who "like" puregym etc... are those who work odd shifts and need somewhere where to go at 0300 to get a workout/shower in before heading home after work.

I will say that the amount of facilities in them can be very good, and in general they're very clean which will appeal to many. But if your going there purely to train with weights there are nearly always better options.

Beware that the puregym closest to me uses bumper plates, and you will not get more than 4 20's and a 10 on the bar if that's the case.

·
Gone
2,356 Posts
I used to train at pure and ‘the gym’ and they were great at the time but the pure near me has gone to shit. The equipment’s poor, the people training there treat the place like shit and even the changing rooms/showers are poor. Lockers barely close and the showers are like prison showers. You get a 6 second blast of water each time you press the button.

i’m at Nuffield now and wouldn’t ever go back to pure. It’s clean, has everything I need, has a pool, sauna, steam room & jacuzzi and my daughter’s joined so she comes swimming at the weekend and is starting her swimming lessons there soon. They have a crèche too so I can still go to the gym on a Saturday morning and she can do a couple of hours in there at no extra cost.

·
Ripped All Year Round
492 Posts
I've trained at Puregym for years and had multiple gym access for £19.
Nothing wrong with it.
Move to a new The Gym in September and put on a stone in weight using the new plate loading machines.
They have almost two of every machine so no waiting like PureGym.
Lots of free weights four power racks. Dumbbells go up to 40Kg which is fine for me as I prefer machines now anyway.
All for £12.99.
Also it's in a retail park so I can do my shopping after and go. Perfect for me.

·
Premium Member
Full Body Routine.
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Any place that has more treadmills, bikes, cross trainers etc.. than free weights is best avoided like the plague.

The only people i know who "like" puregym etc... are those who work odd shifts and need somewhere where to go at 0300 to get a workout/shower in before heading home after work.

I will say that the amount of facilities in them can be very good, and in general they're very clean which will appeal to many. But if your going there purely to train with weights there are nearly always better options.

Beware that the puregym closest to me uses bumper plates, and you will not get more than 4 20's and a 10 on the bar if that's the case.
Thanks for that Tony, sorry I did not see your reply! It is interest with me so I'm happy with all the replies.

·
Premium Member
Full Body Routine.
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I used to train at pure and ‘the gym’ and they were great at the time but the pure near me has gone to shit. The equipment’s poor, the people training there treat the place like shit and even the changing rooms/showers are poor. Lockers barely close and the showers are like prison showers. You get a 6 second blast of water each time you press the button.

i’m at Nuffield now and wouldn’t ever go back to pure. It’s clean, has everything I need, has a pool, sauna, steam room & jacuzzi and my daughter’s joined so she comes swimming at the weekend and is starting her swimming lessons there soon. They have a crèche too so I can still go to the gym on a Saturday morning and she can do a couple of hours in there at no extra cost.
Thanks for your reply, my brother like Nuffield's but that was it for those type of gyms in my area. Great reply.

·
Premium Member
Full Body Routine.
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I've trained at Puregym for years and had multiple gym access for £19.
Nothing wrong with it.
Move to a new The Gym in September and put on a stone in weight using the new plate loading machines.
They have almost two of every machine so no waiting like PureGym.
Lots of free weights four power racks. Dumbbells go up to 40Kg which is fine for me as I prefer machines now anyway.
All for £12.99.
Also it's in a retail park so I can do my shopping after and go. Perfect for me.
Thanks for the reply. The dumbbell weight would not bother me now as I seem to use machines when in my gym. I just wanted bodybuilders opinion on these nation wide gyms. Cheers.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts