UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay guys, so I've finally done it and opted for TRT at 36 years of age.

My total T at my last blood test was 16.3, and my free T was 0.275. I've been doing regular bloods for the last couple years and these levels have stayed pretty consistent (well in actual fact they've decreased a bit).

I'm currently waiting for all my paperwork and bits and pieces to arrive, so it'll be a couple weeks until I start.
I will try and update this thread regularly with details of my protocol, bloodwork and my observations regarding mood, libido, energy levels etc in the hope that it might be of use to somebody.
Feel free to ask any questions.

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm using the Leger clinic.
The reason for my decision is my lack of libido, general tiredness and lack of motivation.
My mood isn't too bad, I'm certainly not depressed but I don't have much enthusiasm for life at the moment, I kind of feel like I'm just ticking along.

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
I'm using the Leger clinic.
The reason for my decision is my lack of libido, general tiredness and lack of motivation.
My mood isn't too bad, I'm certainly not depressed but I don't have much enthusiasm for life at the moment, I kind of feel like I'm just ticking along.
I was a similar situation with test levels same as yours.

Best move I made getting on TRT.

Training 6 days a week now and overall health and wellbeing are spot on.

It's not a magic pill of course.

Good training plan and proper nutrition are required to reap the rewards.

Did you choose Sustanon for your protocol ??

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Yes matey, I'm going to start on the Sust as its the cheapest, hopefully I'll get OK with that.

Diet and supplementation has been good for a couple years now, I always make sure I'm hitting my micro-nutrients, but it still has not had any effect on my T levels.
I'm hoping to just feel a bit more normal in day to day life, not expecting great "gains" or anything like that.
Anyway, we shall see....

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Yes matey, I'm going to start on the Sust as its the cheapest, hopefully I'll get OK with that.

Diet and supplementation has been good for a couple years now, I always make sure I'm hitting my micro-nutrients, but it still has not had any effect on my T levels.
I'm hoping to just feel a bit more normal in day to day life, not expecting great "gains" or anything like that.
Anyway, we shall see....
Yeah the Sust is waaaaay cheaper than the Test C they offer.

I bought a vial of the Test C from them but never got round to trying it yet.

Sust ticks all the boxes for me.

Look forward to seeing how you get on with it.

Good luck on your TRT journey my man (y)

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah the Sust is waaaaay cheaper than the Test C they offer.

I bought a vial of the Test C from them but never got round to trying it yet.

Sust ticks all the boxes for me.

Look forward to seeing how you get on with it.

Good luck on your TRT journey my man (y)
Yeah the price difference is phenomenal!

Cheers fella, I'll update in a couple weeks once I've started.

·
Registered
11 Posts

glad you got on TRT and this helped mate. what dose was you on and has that changed?

thanks

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
glad you got on TRT and this helped mate. what dose was you on and has that changed?

thanks
I’ll vary it between 100–150mg per week.

To be fair I feel my best at the lower doses.

I go through periods of pushing it a bit purely for gym purposes.

Then drop down to the lower dose if I’m feeling a bit off and let everything balance out again.

The sensible option is of course to stay at the dose that makes you feel the best but like us all…always looking for that extra push in the gym.

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
Levels are pretty good. Whats the reason for it?

I'm 46 and have slightly lower levels but too have decided it right for me.
They aren't mate, his free level is just within the cusp of normal, and we all know if your within range that means nothing, its the right range for your age and goals that matter, i'd be happy with that level if i was 50 i think most men would feel their best north side of 20 with a free level of 0.5-0.600

·
Premium Member
2,019 Posts
They aren't mate, his free level is just within the cusp of normal, and we all know if your within range that means nothing, its the right range for your age and goals that matter, i'd be happy with that level if i was 50 i think most men would feel their best north side of 20 with a free level of 0.5-0.600
Blimey, my last blood test was 11.2 total, 0.22 free. I get tempted all the while to start myself, especially after reading that. But then i'll read other people saying you feel nothing special on trt doses, just 'normal' (whatever that is). So confusing deciding what to do for best.

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
Blimey, my last blood test was 11.2 total, 0.22 free. I get tempted all the while to start myself, especially after reading that. But then i'll read other people saying you feel nothing special on trt doses, just 'normal' (whatever that is). So confusing deciding what to do for best.
If anyone says they don't feel better on trt if they have been suffering low T before going on trt then they must be doing something wrong, muscle mass increase, performance in the gym as well as bedroom, energy, confidence, mood boosting, the list goes on, but you have to really do your research before jumping on the trt wagon.

·
Its Nice To Be Nice
2,074 Posts
I’ll vary it between 100–150mg per week.

To be fair I feel my best at the lower doses.

I go through periods of pushing it a bit purely for gym purposes.

Then drop down to the lower dose if I’m feeling a bit off and let everything balance out again.

The sensible option is of course to stay at the dose that makes you feel the best but like us all…always looking for that extra push in the gym.
admirible honesty mate.

Sounds like you took control of your situation and you dont lie to yourself.

solid way of doing things

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What is it that is holding you back if you don't mind me asking?

For me the only thing was that I haven't
had kids yet. However I had to weigh that up against quality of life, and decided to go for it. I'll take the HCG and roll the dice.

·
Its Nice To Be Nice
2,074 Posts
I think thats the mental difference between the US and the UK right now, If you are ''in range' in the UK you are deemed 'ok' however over the pond they look to get you to 'optimal'.

Its a shit situation tbh because the NHS do proactively try to get people healthier by paying for nicotene replacement therapy and fat classes etc so its not like the 'bigger picture' thinking isnt there, it just doesnt seem to stretch to men with non optimal T

1 - 20 of 51 Posts