UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Read Only
35,527 Posts
So what a show.....

the standard across the board was again of a high standard and was worthy of a UKBFF final....

lets get the uglies out of the way first.....

there was a noticeable amount of guys in the inters class that had competed in Mr's Classes in other federations what is up with these guys robbing other rightful inters of a top 6 place and trophy but this is a grtey area by the rules...as for the guy who won the O80's intersclass what a joke this guy has competed in the UKBFF as a heavyweight so how the hell did he get to compete in this class?

EDIT* it has been pointed out that the UKBFF actually placed this guy into the Inters so he really cannot be blamed

I was 7 rows from the front watching the U80's class cheering on James L when i heard a current female Pro who was supporting James shout "that's it James you don't need to be compared to any won there not as good" now this may be the case but someone who is a Pro should show some respect to the other guys on the stage i wonder how she would feel if someone shouted that out to one of her competitors?

the classes....

let me first apologise to any class i miss as i did not get chance to see all of them......

Juniors...

i prepped Lewis Breen who won this class so was obviously biased at the beginning of the day to what he could achieve :) Lewis beat much bigger guys because he had a more balanced and conditioned physique, in saying that the class was of a high standard with a few top physiques one to mention was the guy Geraint from wales, a huge junior just lacked the condition to beat Lewis if he corrects this he will be hard to beat.

i did not see the 1st timers or either senior class so cannot comment....

i caught the later end of the U80's inters and again we had a winner who has competed several times at the highest level in NABBA....

O80's inters:

this line up was tough unfortunately our own guys DB and Gary farr did not make the final 6 but both showed why they warranted the Finals invite....

it has become clear to many that the winner Rob Reinaldo was not an actual inter in fact he has competed as a heavy weight so in my eyes and those of many others the rightful winner was Noah Sidibe.....so with that in mind what a bloody class full of monsters.

U70kg:

the top 6 was packed with pocket battle ships of a high standard.....Paul Smillie who won this class has a very good physique in fact he reminds me of a small version of James L.....he was complete and hard, Paul Ennis did push him a little and with another 6-7lbs off he will win the class in future years.

U80kg:

well credit where it is due James looked the business totally shredded to the bone with muscle to spare a clear winner in a high standard class...

Duane creese i think made the correct decision to move down from LH although unfortunate to do it the year James had the same plan :) ....

another worthy mention is Lee Williams a class physique which i felt deserved one or two places higher, i met Lee and his lovely partner before his class what a humble guy....class physique...

U90kg:

again another heavily packed class of top physiques......

Sean Taverner the eventual winner definitely made it hard work by not oiling up in the day this meant his condition did not come through until he posed...he was definitely pushed all the way by Barny duplessis who for some reason never gets mentioned in the run up talk yet he has placed top 3 for the last 3yrs although i think Barny should stay on his feet when posing and leave the handstands for the bedroom :) .....top physique ripped to shreds i just think on the night Sean's genetics shone through.....

i will say i did question some of the places in the top 6 though and could not work out the judging......

O90kg:

well what a controversial class......

yet again packed with class physiques from top to bottom.....

ok lets get the biggest controversial decision out the way...Alvin Small winning this class was the wrong decision nothing against Alvin but he did not possess the tools last night to beat Zack/Daz or Stuart maybe something will be explained soon....

in my opinion i had the final placings like this

Zack/Daz and Stuart filling the top 3 places where they would place would depend on what the judges where going for on the night

Mass = Zack

Condition = Daz

Middle ground = Stuart

i had Alvin and Haroldas 4th and 5th.....i will say now though where was the Haroldas i had heard so much about as from the rumours he was going to storm the class and to be honest he did not impress at all in fact he looked ordinary stood in between Stuart and Zack on one of the comparisons.....the word was he weighed in at 91kg with clothes on and when he was told he could probably strip off and do the LH he said "No Heavies" he would make a great LH but not Heavy......

Overall:

James L won this lineup hands down sorry if that offends but he did, he was the deserved winner on the day......

Women:

U55kg:

I prepped Venetia for this class and we only just made the weight limit on the morning of the show so it was a hard road but all credit to V she stuck in their.....

their was 3 good physiques on the day in this class...

Venetia again like last year was a clear winner her shape and improved condition overwhelmed her opponents...

Tracy who unfortunately came 2nd again to V looked very good with her trademark condition although i thought she looked better last year...

Tamazin who came 3rd has a lovely physique if she improved her condition by 6-7lbs she would be a future winner of this class in my eyes.....

O55kg:

just like the U55kg class the top 3 stood out for me in this class, Michelle Jones the overall winner 2yrs ago was highly polished with probably the best lower half in the female amateur game at the moment.....2nd place went to Xyleese Burford who possesses a beautiful flowing physique just lacked the condition Mich had although no one touches Zee for posing routines and this includes the men as well.....Jeannie Ellam had a great physique just unfortunate to come up against two nice flowing muscular physiques like Mich and Zee on the day....

Bodyfitness:

i must apologise i missed most of this class and believe me i wanted to see it :) from what i did see Louise Rogers fully deserved the win a nice well balanced and polished physique but pushed all the way by Carly Thornton a future British champion in this class i am sure....

Fitness:

i did feel for Irina Cotton who was the only competitor but what a competitor class physique.....

Sorry if i did not mention all the classes or missed someone out.....

i did manage to meet up with alot of you guys yesterday and it was great to do so, i met up with James Collier from MT and it was a pleasure to speak to you mate not what i expected to be honest but a nice down to earth guy.....

i finally met up with Robsta who in my opinion should have one of those gangster names like Mad dog harris or something :) but then i do like "Elf Lord from Hell" myself :)

I got to meet up with BritBB who i coach awesome guy with huge potential......which we will bring to a stage near you soon :)

I took my wife to the show yesterday unfortunately i did not spend to much time with her as i was chatting to alot of you guys :) thankfully Stuart Cores wife was in the same boat so they kept each other company all day which kept me out of hot water :)

on a personal not i am so proud of my three athletes who competed yesterday..

Lewis Breen

Venetia Grouix

Stuart Core

they all did what was asked for 16 weeks and came through.....

my prepping methods have been questioned by some on other boards in the past few months hopefully two 1st places and a top 3 finish will keep the quiet for a while but i doubt it :) it is a shame this has happened and that i feel i have to mention it as a community we are small and should get on to support the sport we all love so much.....

so that is it an awesome show with some questionable decisions, it does surprise me how this federation preach to many as the top tier fed but make some fundamental basic mistakes maybe if they put as much effort into policing who has competed where and in what class as they do dictating to their members we would not have trophy hunters winning classes.....

·
Mr Universe
5,526 Posts
Excellent write up mate. Glad some of the guys you prep had success mate as i know its there hard work and theey are rightly deserving of there success but credit where credit is due to you also mate so well done.

·
Looking Freaky
799 Posts
great write up - altho i disagree with your veiws on the heavies

zack was truly huge, but his condition was soft imo and so his placing was fair, for me its about more than just mass.

daz has the condition that the heavies should aim for, but for me, just doesnt carry his mass the best.

stuart i think does -tighter and that title will be his.

this year alvin had the fewest weaknesses hence his win imo. he wasnt outstanding in the line-up, but had enough of a combination to take it.

the under 55kg and over 55kg women were amazing, incrediable physiques, i think venetia has the most amazing shape.

·
Read Only
35,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
coco said:
great write up - altho i disagree with your veiws on the heavies

zack was truly huge, but his condition was soft imo and so his placing was fair, for me its about more than just mass.

daz has the condition that the heavies should aim for, but for me, just doesnt carry his mass the best.

stuart i think does -tighter and that title will be his.

this year alvin had the fewest weaknesses hence his win imo. he wasnt outstanding in the line-up, but had enough of a combination to take it.

the under 55kg and over 55kg women were amazing, incrediable physiques, i think venetia has the most amazing shape.
coco fair enough mate as i said this was just my take on the day..... i have never said Stuart should of won so i can ask can you point out what areas Alvin beats Stuart on as i am intrigued by your fewer weaknesses point......

Zack was a freak and you are correct that his condition was not the best but it was better than many thought, although Alvin was not that much tighter than Zack, Daz was smaller but i feel this was a good decision especially when you think he was criticised last year for his stomach which had gone this year, Alvin was not much bigger yet Darren was by far the most conditioned guy onstage....

you mentioned Stuart needs to be tighter and i agree to a point, that is why 2yrs ago our goal this year was top3 so job done but again can you point out where Alvin was tighter than Stuart?

shame we did not get to meet on the day mate it would of been great to chat

·
Read Only
35,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
one of the guys in the line up :) i am not a judge and to be fair they have a tough job......you will never please everyone at any show many believe Zack should of won because he could do damage in the Pro Ranks but the issue with that opinion is that it is based on Size only....Zack has failed to make the grade when it comes to condition year after year why is it then guys believe this problem will go away once he is a Pro seeing that condition is a given in the Pro ranks....?

i had the top 3 made up of Zack/Darren and Stuart all offering something different...

·
UK-M's Kindergarten Cop!
2,275 Posts
Pscarb said:
one of the guys in the line up :) i am not a judge and to be fair they have a tough job......you will never please everyone at any show many believe Zack should of won because he could do damage in the Pro Ranks but the issue with that opinion is that it is based on Size only....Zack has failed to make the grade when it comes to condition year after year why is it then guys believe this problem will go away once he is a Pro seeing that condition is a given in the Pro ranks....?

i had the top 3 made up of Zack/Darren and Stuart all offering something different...
Looking at the pics if i had to pick a winner i would prob go with Daz.

Does anyone know why Zac struggles with his conditioning. Is it a fact of trial and error with his prep and he just hasnt found the right formula yet?

·
Can sort of still be ar$ed with this game
1,218 Posts
Daz was prepped by Kerry and I think came in with a cracking new version. On the criteria used to judge the Overall, Daz should have won the heavies.

I don't see Alvin in the top 3 at all.

I think the prob seems to be the criteria used differs between class.

STOW

Good anlysis Paul, some fair comment.

·
Looking Freaky
799 Posts
paul, i worded that post badly, imho i would really struggle to pick between stuart and alvin, neither had obv weaknesses, whereas zack and darren imo do. - immediatley i had stuart winning, (but admitadly i didnt spend a lot of time looking over alvins physiqe) if either had taken it i wouldnt be surprised.

imo daz was rewarded for his condition by the judges (which to a certain extent i think is a good thing as his condition is what all the heavies should be aiming for) altho maybe unfairly this cost stuart a place.

·
Read Only
35,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i see your point Coco but then Daz was not small he was just smaller than last year and i think that the size he lost was worth the added condition he gained......it has to be remembered that it is not all about size if it was Flex and James would not be Pro's now....yet Zack would be

·
MuscleTalk
665 Posts
Pscarb said:
i did manage to meet up with alot of you guys yesterday and it was great to do so, i met up with James Collier from MT and it was a pleasure to speak to you mate not what i expected to be honest but a nice down to earth guy.....

i finally met up with Robsta who in my opinion should have one of those gangster names like Mad dog harris or something :) but then i do like "Elf Lord from Hell" myself :)

I got to meet up with BritBB who i coach awesome guy with huge potential......which we will bring to a stage near you soon :)
Hi Paul - great to meet you too. Not what you expected LOL - why LOL?

Great to meet BritBB too (Brit, I need your email addy mate as per our conversation).

Interesting write up and a fair bit I concur with. The winner of the light inters was my mate Micky who works on my Healthy Action team. He has been competed higher in NABBA before, but he's not a huge guy and I believe the UKBFF felt him better suited here. I'll ask him though.

Another personal friend was Roberto who won the heavy inters - like you say he was put here. Rob's a big lad, and I must say I was equally suprised to see him in this cat.

I keep hearing mixed results about the heavies. This is the beauty of the sport - we look for different things

·
mr & mrs bodyworks online
1,363 Posts
hi paul

good write up of the show couldnt really agree more with your opinions of the show. i thought v looked fab. What will she do now take a year off then move to the heavys? her shape with more muscle on her quads and fuller will be unstopable. very polished look on stage too.

p.s sorry for getting you all up out of you seats so we could sit down. i felt awfull thats why i made shane go first.

rach xx

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.