UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Gym Addict
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
5x5 and such does very little for me compared to a 3x8 workout, doing 3x8 my military press has been increasing by 2.5 kg a week for a month, same with most other compound lifts.

I'm not complaining, just wonder why this is, maybe I have a lot of slow twitch fibre ?

·
Test Enth with a few little blue hearts. MP65688
1,498 Posts
1) doing 5x5 you may not be forcing the intensity as suffiencent (at the fith rep, it should be a really difficult struggle).

2) Perhaps your technqiue is better at high reps?

3) Different muscle fibres respond well towards different, i.e. type 1 muscle fibres will respond towards higher reps more aerobic based activities, whilst type 2a/b will respond more towards low reps.

Watch your self in the mirror, don't forget to really push yourself and get those reps deep!.

·
Gym Addict
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hmm, well on 5x5 I always give it my best, same for higher reps I think all it could be is that as I am relatively inexperienced my form on 5x5 probably goes to ****e so right now

I get better gains through stricter form and a lighter weight ?

like you said zelobinsky

·
in a quest to grow and attain abs together
3,851 Posts
lordgeorge said:
hmm, well on 5x5 I always give it my best, same for higher reps I think all it could be is that as I am relatively inexperienced my form on 5x5 probably goes to ****e so right now

I get better gains through stricter form and a lighter weight ?

like you said zelobinsky
on 5x5 how long a rest are you taking? i usually take about 1 min rest, maybe 90 seconds if it was a heavy weight but no more and its really intesnse for me

·
Banned
2,654 Posts
if you always hitting a clean 5 times 5 you cant be pushing it enough sometimes you would finsh with a 4 or a 3 this would just happen with progression of weight over time

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.