UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

been lifting now for around 3 years. I’m 44-45 this year and wanted to try some steroids to see what difference I can make.

I’ve gone for a 10 week cycle of test C 300mg. I was planning to hit 300mg once a week then I have a PCT of 50mg clomid that I’ll take 3 weeks after my last shot for 3 weeks.

does this sound like a solid plan? I have enough test to shot higher but I’ve researched and found as it’s my first ever cycle 300mg is a good start.

many advice would be great and any changes to this plan would be very much appreciated.
I wanted to keep it simple as I have never injected before (planning to get my missus to do it 🤦‍♂️)

thanks

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
You'll get good results off 300mg however I'd recommend 500-600 if you're pcting off as recovery will be the same and you'll get more out of it

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was going to go straight in with 500mg but was just being a little cautious as it’s my first time trying it.
So you would do 500mg for 10 weeks then the PCT?
Is injecting once a week ok? I’ve heard splitting it into 2 doses is better for bloods but to be honest I’m just trying to keep it all simple as possible.

·
Registered
76 Posts
500mg a week for 10 weeks is fine. Pinning twice a week will result in more stable levels and less sides but once a week is also fine.

It probably won't be your last cycle and recovery won't be as quick in your 40s as a guy in his 20s. Ask yourself if you'd be happy pinning for the rest of your life before you get started and make peace with it as a possibility.

·
Administrator
7,424 Posts
I’ve gone for a 10 week cycle of test C 300mg. I was planning to hit 300mg once a week then I have a PCT of 50mg clomid that I’ll take 3 weeks after my last shot for 3 weeks.
Sounds pretty good although would run the clomid for a little longer. Reckon recovery gets harder after 40 so would look to run HCG alongside the cycle.

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
From someone that did their first cycle on 300mg, part of me was happy i experimented to see if i get any sides but the other part wishes i just did 500mg. Don’t get me wrong though still made good progress on 300mg.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
500mg a week for 10 weeks is fine. Pinning twice a week will result in more stable levels and less sides but once a week is also fine.

It probably won't be your last cycle and recovery won't be as quick in your 40s as a guy in his 20s. Ask yourself if you'd be happy pinning for the rest of your life before you get started and make peace with it as a possibility.
Can I ask why you said ask myself if I’d be happy pinning for the rest of my life? Just out of interest.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So you feel u should run HCG along side the test? The place I get it from has this

Human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG) USP 5000 IU

if I get this how often should I be pinning and at what dose?

·
Banned
87 Posts
From someone that did their first cycle on 300mg, part of me was happy i experimented to see if i get any sides but the other part wishes i just did 500mg. Don’t get me wrong though still made good progress on 300mg.
Second this, did 300mg for my first, I wasn’t unhappy but knowing what I know now I wish I had done 500mg for 12-16 weeks instead.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I’m hearing that everyone is leaning towards 500mg being a better option in hindsight. As it’s a 300mg vail how would I even get the correct dose for 500? Especially if I spilt the dose over two pins in the week. Sorry for all the questions it’s just I don’t want to **** yo my first cycle. Just trying to get it right.

·
Premium Member
637 Posts
I’m hearing that everyone is leaning towards 500mg being a better option in hindsight. As it’s a 300mg vail how would I even get the correct dose for 500? Especially if I spilt the dose over two pins in the week. Sorry for all the questions it’s just I don’t want to **** yo my first cycle. Just trying to get it right.
1.66ml per week. 500/300.
Half 1.66 if pinning twice weekly.

·
Premium Member
4,895 Posts
Can I ask why you said ask myself if I’d be happy pinning for the rest of my life? Just out of interest.
There is a chance you may either find recovery difficult or that you don't fully recover to your previous test levels, this difficulty increases as you age, at 40 your levels may possibly not be great to start with.

It would be a good idea to get test levels checked beforehand. This was you can judge the success of your pct and act accordingly.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
0.8ml every 3.5 days, sorted mate
And if I did this for 10 weeks would you do anything alongside like the
0.8ml every 3.5 days, sorted mate
ok let’s say I go this route if dosage wanting to keep this first cycle simple and wanting to recover as quick as Poss would you also use HCG alongside the test plus use clomid after for say 4 weeks or would you just run test and see how it goes? Also am I able to start using HCG at any point in my cycle? Thanks everyone as I have so many questions and not so many people to ask.

·
Banned
87 Posts

ok let’s say I go this route if dosage wanting to keep this first cycle simple and wanting to recover as quick as Poss would you also use HCG alongside the test plus use clomid after for say 4 weeks or would you just run test and see how it goes? Also am I able to start using HCG at any point in my cycle? Thanks everyone as I have so many questions and not so many people to ask.
Can’t help with PCT (post cycle therapy) I’m afraid as I’m on testosterone replacement therapy anyway, so I essentially “never come off” or some call it blasting and cruising.

·
Registered
137 Posts

Keep an AI on hand for E2(I recommend adex for first timer) and possibly a SERM. Might turn out you'll need neither. The SERM (nolva) can aid with PCT.

See Swole troll's stickies on this. Good luck.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts