UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Bigger, Better, Stronger
4,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My erse.........................

I am going to have a wee moan about the whole Dorian Yates product range. This is not because I want to promote any other brand etc but actually because I am so angry at the way this company is being run.

First things first, I was a BIG believer in the Dorian Yates protien and Nox pump. I used both exclusevley and made some great gains and progress using the protien and for me the taste was exceptional.

Recently though things have changed and I have not been able to obtain DY protien from my usual supplier (He now refuses to work with DY saying they had too many issues with supply, ordering and pricing). So I obtained a couple of tubs via the internet and the taste from these new batches were awful. To the point where I cant even drink it. I made some enquirys to be told that the range is now being manufactured by "Herbal life".

Well thanks for letting us know that one Dorian!!!!

Because of the taste issue I am now convinced that the protein will now be inferior too, and this is a REAL concern for me as a competative bodybuilder. I was also told that herbal life intend to take of Dorians picture from the tubs and replace it with something more friendly!!! WTF does that mean? Is Dorian now turning his back on hardcore bodybuiders in pursuit of money? Well done Dorian again for making me feel you are not interested in me but more interested in the fitness brigade.

One final rant is the scoop measurements: They are supposed to give 41g per serving but once again this is also NOT true, the new scoops have been manufactured wrong and are giving on average 65g protein per scoop. Now I am so sceptical of this company I wonder if this has been done intentionally so people will use more of the stuff. Well Dorian your protien is the most expensive I can think of on the market ATM and as a customer paying premium price for your products I expect a bit better.

I would have complained direct to you on your site but lo and behold the contact us function is convienently not working.

Your company = Very amatureish and profit seeking

Your reputation = Very quickly diminishing with your company

My Body = Deserves better

·
Bigger, Better, Stronger
4,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is the case bro...wait till you see the "New" nox pump that herbal life has made for us. It is half the measurement (Same cost) and comes in silly flimsy silver foils. I have seen them personnaly. When I asked the sales rep what was going on she said they were to strong, so we (Herbal life) decided to half the dosage (And double profit at the same time). I doubt if the content is still even the same TBH.

·
UKBFF Scottish Classic Class Champ 2013
2,677 Posts
Straight to the Point mate, like you said as a consumer and Competative BB we deserve better. If this is the case then they will lose alot of business.

We kinda knew already the supplement companies are only in it for the money, Shame really. As i dont mind paying that little bit extra for a quality product.

Geo

·
Complete Basket Case
4,766 Posts
Its amazing that A) a respected person like Dorian can treat people like this and B) that supplement manufacturers can hide behind 'new improved' and 'proprietary blend' when they mean cheap crap filler to make loads of profit...

·
Bigger, Better, Stronger
4,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mars1960 said:
Is this dorians doing, i think not.
No it probably is not, but he has the power to reverse the situation. After all it is HIS reputation at stake here. I wrefuse to believe he has no say in manufactre of DY protien.

Believe it or not I actually like his OLD range and have probablly bought more of it than anyone else individualy on this board (Over 50 tubs). But things are going belly up fast here.

·
Banned
3,140 Posts
Delhi said:
It is the case bro...wait till you see the "New" nox pump that herbal life has made for us. It is half the measurement (Same cost) and comes in silly flimsy silver foils. I have seen them personnaly. When I asked the sales rep what was going on she said they were to strong, so we (Herbal life) decided to half the dosage (And double profit at the same time). I doubt if the content is still even the same TBH.
I like the NOX Pump. I only use it occasionally, but when I do, I need at least 2 sachets of the old stuff to get anything. Doubt I'll be using again if this is the case.

Also thestudbeast, I was under the impression Dorian sold his gym to concentrate on the supplement company...?

·
New Image Supplements
4,746 Posts
I was buying this regularly from a distributor,

however they wont stock it now,

apparently DY shafted them with prices.

Its a shame really because it looked good when it was launched.

The biggest mistake DY made was departing from CNP in my opinion.

I hope things sort them selfs out.

·
Hulking Out!
1,950 Posts
i happen to know a *little* bit about herbal life because my best friends' dad used to work for them as a basically go knock on doors and see what you can sell.i personally tried several of their products from him for free and found their protein tastes lets say "different" i dont know if its soy or something,and the others seemed like trace amounts of the good stuff in pills that won't do jack. i wouldn't recommend them as a company.

·
Gym Addict
384 Posts
The gym i work at stocks EAS and herbal lifes range. The herbal life stuff is crap, tastes awfull, has crap dosing in the products, is massively over priced and they produce an energy drink called "max." Tastes like crap lists all these healthy ingrediants in each sachet, i took four of them at once and felt next to nothing! The price there sold at i was expecting a buzz like Crack!

·
Getting HUGE!
1,441 Posts
Look I really don't know the first thing about this and I am in no way leaping to anyones defense...I do wonder if Mr. Yates is tied in via his contract with the manufacturers who were/are using his name...he may even have to attend competitions as part fo the deal.

However reading that the "Contact" page on the company website isn't working does throw a suspicious glow up into the air...

Its such as shame when sportsmen get caught up in promoting porducts be they their own or just representing a brand as a frontperson....so many go down the pan and let their customers down...

·
Looking Freaky
6,469 Posts
Dorians range has ALWAYS been made by Herbal Life, they got in trouble for claiming to have WADA approval when they didn't, I believe NOX Pump has been pulled for certain ingredients and Dorians face on the tub means nothing to people in Tesco so they're dropping it.

With regards to the products they did taste great, but add enough gum, fats and sugars and anything can taste great, think of ice cream for example. I personally would not produce a protein that is only 55% protein and sell it as a high protein drink, our Meal Replacement has probably more protein in it per 100g than that.

·
Gym Addict
215 Posts
EXTREME said:
Dorians range has ALWAYS been made by Herbal Life, they got in trouble for claiming to have WADA approval when they didn't, I believe NOX Pump has been pulled for certain ingredients and Dorians face on the tub means nothing to people in Tesco so they're dropping it.

With regards to the products they did taste great, but add enough gum, fats and sugars and anything can taste great, think of ice cream for example. I personally would not produce a protein that is only 55% protein and sell it as a high protein drink, our Meal Replacement has probably more protein in it per 100g than that.
Interesting post Extreme. I can see your point on the Tesco comment :)

·
Retired
39,602 Posts
Why not buy a protein that is quality?

I like designer whey, but if there is another whey on sale, I buy that.

I have known for years the Weider kind of sold out for profit, I would never buy his stuff.

To me buying a porduct because a big guy endorses it is a joke to me.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts