UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Optimum nutrition Rep
10,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright lads. I am intending to compete and have started a journal and what not to track my progress. However the more i read on here about people's diets and see the input given the more i think mine needs work and input from some of you clever guys out there and i no there and plenty on this board lol.

I am half way thru my 4 week rebound and gaining well but am always very bloated on a night and holding quite a bit of water.

Diet as as follows.

meal 1 - 2 whole eggs/4 egg white omellete, 75g oats with 20gprotein from whey

meal 2 - 40g protein from whey, 25g natty peanut butter.

meal 3 - 250g turkey/chicken/beef,veg, jacket potatoe or oats,25g natty PB

meal 4 - can be either meal 1/2/3 depending on were i am at etc. this is also pre workout so will have very little fat in.

meal 5 - pwo shake - 40g protein from whey, 50g carbs from corn flour and oats or brown rice flour mix.

meal 6 - same as meal 3

meal 7 - before bed, 40g protein from whey soon to be pro peptide with 25g natty PB.

Carbs are adjusted through the day depending but i always get them in spread over meal and never have any after meal 5 at the moment.

Protein tends to be between 300-350 everyday.

carbs are around 200 on non training days and 250-300 on training days.

fats are around 70g every day.

supps

vit c

milk thistel

multi vit

omega 3 - 6 caps a day

cardio is done 3-4 times a week at 30 mins am.

once my weight settles i intend to start and carb cycle. My meal plan will stay the same carbs will just be adjusted but from the same sources these tend to be oats/ my own flapjacks/jacket pots and rice occasionally.

I intend to run this diet right thru my bulk/ off season with the intention to compete next year. i want to stay as lean as possible while doing this.

im just really looking for peoples opinions on what should be/needs to be alterd etc so i can fine tune this as much as possible.

thanks in advance

hilly

·
Optimum nutrition Rep
10,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have also been using rice cakes during the day buit after speaking with hacksii i wont be doing this anymore lol

·
Optimum nutrition Rep
10,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Clean as possible bulk mate.

I do allow myself a cheat atleast once or twice a week.

·
UKBFF Scottish Classic Class Champ 2013
2,677 Posts
Id tend to throw in some Tuna, cottage cheese, some steak, and fish dude. The diet looks sound. This will help you not get too bored of the same food all the time

Have you worked out the total cals, what you need to grow above your maintenance cals??

Geo

·
Optimum nutrition Rep
10,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeh id add some salmon and beef in here and there and coley when i get it.

With me just being 2 weeks into my rebound im not sure what my maintanance cals are. Im keeping cals at 3000 all this week and seeing what my weight is by the end of the week.

·
UK-M's Kindergarten Cop!
2,275 Posts
Personally I would add some rice in there but apart form that diet looks sound.

Best thing to do is experiment with it. Try it for 6 weeks and monitor the results. Tweak things here and there accordingly and eventually you will get the diet that works best for you. Without years of experience and testing no one would know what is best for them straight away.

Keep this as the core of your diet though

·
Optimum nutrition Rep
10,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeh im not to keen on rice but i do throw it in there for a change every now and again

1 - 9 of 9 Posts