UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
141 - 160 of 424 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,594 Posts
Thick as ****, you're more confident of your result but it will still give you roughly the same answers.
The above sentence sums up your level of intelligence perfectly.

Why would you be "more confident" of sonething that gives you the same answers?
It's a complete oxymoron of a statement.

Why would scientists waste resources trying to use as big a sample as possible, if a larger sample size gives "roughly the same answers" as a smaller one??

I'll give you the absolute perfect example that highlights the stupidity of your statement.

Remember the "comprehensive" trials the vaccine went through? with a tiny and limited sample group?

Those trials failed to pick up side effects such as deadly blood clots and heart inflammation.

When the vaccine was rolled out across a larger sample size (real world) these effects were discovered

The rest of your post is just more utter gibberish.

·
Premium Member
3,594 Posts
Well to be fair, that’s the figure Public Health England reported in their press release at the end of June:

Within that press release are links to their modelling analysis which will explain how they arrived at that conclusion.
They say the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again but expecting a different result each time.

The bolded for me is the definition of naivety. Having the same people tell you a load of bllx over and over again and yet still have unwavering faith in the next thing they tell you

Are you aware how completely unreliable and inaccurate pretty much all of the modelling predictions have been from the state sponsored "experts" since the very start of this thing?

Let me give you the most recent example that springs to mind.

Back in February this year they claimed their expert modelling predicted in a best case scenario, there would be a further 30k covid deaths between Feb 12th and the end of June. Worst case scenario they predicted 81k more deaths.

In reality there turned out to be roughly 7k deaths during this period.

"An additional 30,000 coronavirus deaths are expected to occur in England alone by the end of June under a best-case scenario, according to a report presented by the government's scientific pandemic influenza group on modelling, operational sub-group (SPI-M-O)."
"In a worst-case scenario, 81,200 fatalities may occur, according to the report, which informs the advice the scientific advisory group for emergencies (Sage) gives the government."

Coronavirus: 30,000 deaths in England by June's end (yahoo.com)

So if the "modelling" says the vaccine has saved 27k lives already, it must be correct, right!?

·
Newbie Trainer
2,537 Posts
The above sentence sums up your level of intelligence perfectly.

Why would you be "more confident" of sonething that gives you the same answers?
It's a complete oxymoron of a statement.

Why would scientists waste resources trying to use as big a sample as possible, if a larger sample size gives "roughly the same answers" as a smaller one??

I'll give you the absolute perfect example that highlights the stupidity of your statement.

Remember the "comprehensive" trials the vaccine went through? with a tiny and limited sample group?

Those trials failed to pick up side effects such as deadly blood clots and heart inflammation.

When the vaccine was rolled out across a larger sample size (real world) these effects were discovered

The rest of your post is just more utter gibberish.
This just shows yet again you don't know what you're talking about. The higher the sample the lower the margin for error. That's why you see some stats with +-5% as they know the actual results could be 5% more or less. And you're trying to argue that the margin of error was so high, that 1 in 100 is the same case rate as 1 in 4600.

·
Gym Addict
4,233 Posts
It just reduces hospitalisations and death. Which it clearly does.
No one has ever said you won't catch it. It just reduces hospitalisations and death. Which it clearly does.
Short memory people have.
That’s exactly what they told us would happen.
Until it didn’t work, then it was;
“it protects 100% against symptomatic Covid”
Then;
“It protects 100% against hospitalisation;
Then;
“It protects 90% against hospitalisation”

etc etc

For something that’s been so rigorously tested the numbers change an awful lot. You’d be forgiven for thinking the trial results from before the roll out were completely made up.

·
Premium Member
3,594 Posts
This just shows yet again you don't know what you're talking about. The higher the sample the lower the margin for error. That's why you see some stats with +-5% as they know the actual results could be 5% more or less. And you're trying to argue that the margin of error was so high, that 1 in 100 is the same case rate as 1 in 4600.
Look, it was you that said a smaller sample will give you "roughly the same results" as a larger one.

If that assertion is correct, please tell us why you think the pre roll out vaccine trials never picked up the deadly blood clot and heart inflammation side effects??

I'm not arguing anything about 1 in 100 /1 in 4600 or any other mumbo jumbo you're talking about.

As far as I'm concerned 7 million tests being conducted per week across a population of 60 million is very likely to give you a pretty reliable estimate of the wider "infection rate"

OK if you have nothing of any relevance to post, just fvk off now cos you're just posting unintelligible gibberish at this point just for the sake of posting.

·
Banned
300 Posts
Covid obsession is a thing guy’s! It’s like a plague sweeping across the world…I think we need to medicate those affected by the condition now known as Gobshituswafflus! We need to stop it now before it becomes a pandemic🤦‍♂️

·
Premium Member
3,594 Posts
Covid obsession is a thing guy’s! It’s like a plague sweeping across the world…I think we need to medicate those affected by the condition now known as Gobshituswafflus! We need to stop it now before it becomes a pandemic🤦‍♂️
Unfortunately "they" are/were utterly determined that covid would consume all of our lives.

I was quite happy to completely ignore all the hype and BS from the beginning. Then they decided to really focus all of our minds by making it illegal to leave our houses (without good excuse)

Pretty hard to ignore that.

Now things have re opened and everyone's allowed out again. They're now forcing everyone to take a new experimental medicine that many want no part of. But if you won't take it, you'll start to be excluded from leading a normal life.

Again pretty hard to ignore.

Climate change will take over from where this ends. They will decide what our main focus is. You try to ignore it, they'll just up the ante.

·
Gym Addict
4,233 Posts
The number they plaster all over the news every day and use to justify their policies is literally how many people tested positive by PCR test that day, and will logically increase as testing increases.

The “1 in 160” or whatever number is published once a week by the ONS, and isn’t really used for anything, it usually gets a quick mention on the day it is published. It is based on a small number of people in the community who volunteered to self submit questionnaires and tests periodically.

·
Premium Member
514 Posts
Yes they are, covid has been a test to see how stupid people are and many have scored 10/10 on the scale of 1 to stupid.
I tend to agree with you here. It’s what Jaques Attali said back around 1981, it’s worth a read:-

Pretty much sums up what you’ve said.

They say the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again but expecting a different result each time.

The bolded for me is the definition of naivety. Having the same people tell you a load of bllx over and over again and yet still have unwavering faith in the next thing they tell you

Are you aware how completely unreliable and inaccurate pretty much all of the modelling predictions have been from the state sponsored "experts" since the very start of this thing?

Let me give you the most recent example that springs to mind.

Back in February this year they claimed their expert modelling predicted in a best case scenario, there would be a further 30k covid deaths between Feb 12th and the end of June. Worst case scenario they predicted 81k more deaths.

In reality there turned out to be roughly 7k deaths during this period.

"An additional 30,000 coronavirus deaths are expected to occur in England alone by the end of June under a best-case scenario, according to a report presented by the government's scientific pandemic influenza group on modelling, operational sub-group (SPI-M-O)."
"In a worst-case scenario, 81,200 fatalities may occur, according to the report, which informs the advice the scientific advisory group for emergencies (Sage) gives the government."

Coronavirus: 30,000 deaths in England by June's end (yahoo.com)

So if the "modelling" says the vaccine has saved 27k lives already, it must be correct, right!?
“Modelling” lol.

The only people who I know who have “tested positive” for COVID this summer @MickeyE are those who have had the jab.

Climate change will take over from where this ends. They will decide what our main focus is. You try to ignore it, they'll just up the ante.
100% this is the agenda.

·
Banned
300 Posts
Unfortunately "they" are/were utterly determined that covid would consume all of our lives.

I was quite happy to completely ignore all the hype and BS from the beginning. Then they decided to really focus all of our minds by making it illegal to leave our houses (without good excuse)

Pretty hard to ignore that.

Now things have re opened and everyone's allowed out again. They're now forcing everyone to take a new experimental medicine that many want no part of. But if you won't take it, you'll start to be excluded from leading a normal life.

Again pretty hard to ignore.

This hasn’t negatively affected my life at all! I’ve had a great time over the lockdowns, free money, great food and BBQ, business expanded ££, hooned the bike on empty roads, free train travel saving around £500 a month because guards weren’t checking, a traffic free London was heavenly, built my own gym which I love, I really can’t see what all the fuss is about? There’s many ways to easily navigate the government bullshit so I really couldn’t give a fly **** brah! Stay happy, stay free from oppressing yourself with Covid obsession…

·
Getting HUGE!
9,337 Posts
My definition of naivety would be choosing to have the data interpreted by some thick self obsessed cvnt on an internet bodybuilding forum rather than by people who actually know what they're doing.

But that's just me.

·
Newbie Trainer
2,537 Posts
The number they plaster all over the news every day and use to justify their policies is literally how many people tested positive by PCR test that day, and will logically increase as testing increases.

The “1 in 160” or whatever number is published once a week by the ONS, and isn’t really used for anything, it usually gets a quick mention on the day it is published. It is based on a small number of people in the community who volunteered to self submit questionnaires and tests periodically.
Regardless of what you think that numbers used for. That's the number which most accurately shows the current prevalence of the virus. And that number shows that the prevalence of it is far higher this summer compared to last summer.

·
Newbie Trainer
2,537 Posts
Look, it was you that said a smaller sample will give you "rough

If that assertion is correct, please tell us why you think the pre roll out vaccine trials never picked up the deadly blood clot and heart inflammation side effects??
All this shows, is you clearly have no grasp of statistics. The blood clots are a 1 in 100000 chance, so you would need a sample size of 300000 to be sure to pick up this event. When you are talking about infection rates of between 1 in 100 and 1 in 4600 the smallest sample size you could use is just under 15000, so using well over 50000 like they do will give you the data you want.

·
Premium Member
514 Posts
My definition of naivety would be choosing to have the data interpreted by some thick self obsessed cvnt on an internet bodybuilding forum rather than by people who actually know what they're doing.

But that's just me.
Have you been out of your house @Kazza61 in the last 16 months? I’m just interested in what has made you so absolutely certain that we are in the middle of a pandemic? Apart from imposed measures (masks, social distancing, plexiglass screens, work from home, etc.), what evidence have you actually seen with your own eyes that confirms we are? Did you witness something like what happened in China with people literally dropping dead on the street? Just curious.

·
Newbie Trainer
177 Posts
Don’t try to apply logic when none applies. Some know it all will-chip in with ‘while it doesn’t stop you catching it and it doesn’t stop you spreading it,it reduces your risk of dieing from it from 0.03% to 0.01% How anyone knows this is anyone’s guess because we hasn’t done any clinical trials that actually involve killing people....apart from the one going on right now globally with the general populace’

·
Getting HUGE!
9,337 Posts
Have you been out of your house @Kazza61 in the last 16 months? I’m just interested in what has made you so absolutely certain that we are in the middle of a pandemic? Apart from imposed measures (masks, social distancing, plexiglass screens, work from home, etc.), what evidence have you actually seen with your own eyes that confirms we are? Did you witness something like what happened in China with people literally dropping dead on the street? Just curious.
I'll put that right back at you. Is it simply that you haven't seen anything with your own eyes that leads you to conclude something isn't happening? If you worked in an ICU would you have a different view? Or as a porter in a general hospital? Or you worked in a prison that had multiple Covid outbreaks? Or in the social care sector?

Do you think Ebola is real? Or bird flu? Or Polio? Do you only believe in things you see directly with your own eyes? Of course you don't, and neither do I.

·
Gym Addict
4,233 Posts

But that's just me.
Rather than have anyone, (whether it be a UKM meathead, or a government appointed “expert”) interpret the data for you, wouldn’t you rather just be presented with the data then be free to discuss it openly with your peers, and draw your own conclusions?

·
Premium Member
514 Posts
I'll put that right back at you. Is it simply that you haven't seen anything with your own eyes that leads you to conclude something isn't happening? If you worked in an ICU would you have a different view? Or as a porter in a general hospital? Or you worked in a prison that had multiple Covid outbreaks? Or in the social care sector?

Do you think Ebola is real? Or bird flu? Or Polio? Do you only believe in things you see directly with your own eyes? Of course you don't, and neither do I.
So, again, have what have you seen, aside from imposed policies and restrictions, that confirms to you that we’re in the middle of a pandemic? Genuinely interested.

141 - 160 of 424 Posts