UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Newbie Trainer
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

First proper post regarding "bbing" - I've started taking losing weight seriously after I caught myself at 18st. 17st wasn't so bad but my weight yoyos badly depending how busy/stresfull work is. Would like to get to 16st, that would make me pretty skinny tbh.

I work evening shift 12-9 so I wake up early and spend 45mins on my exercise bike on a pretty high setting then I have breakfast (usually cereal or oats plus a protien shake) wait about 30mins and spend a while doing weights, on a 5 day split at the moment - chest today!

The fat seems to be dropping off pretty quick - I've had to tighten my belt up a notch but I havn't lost any weight. The same thing happened last time I did this a year or 2 ago though so no surprise, my muscles feel tighter and have "padded out", looking larger then they were even though its only been 2 weeks.

Is the way I'm doing things best? I've read its best to do weights THEN cardio, but figured it'd be pointless on an empty stomache?

The big problem I have is what to eat when I get in at night! I'm often starving as I tend to work straight from my previous meal at 5ish - the quicker I get the work done the sooner I go home!

At the moment I'm having stuff like soup with some brown bread when I get in. Or whatever I can get my hands on, which is unfortunately a bad thing.

I've just bought some "bedtime" protien from Myprotein so i'll start that with milk as I know that'l be filling, but will get sick to death of the same thing everyday.

Does anyone know any decent bedtime meals I can have that won't undo all my headwork during the day?

Thanks for any help!

Alex

·
.....train hard or fcuk off!!!
2,041 Posts
Are you talking about something to have right before you go to bed? If so then the Bedtime Extreme is fine, its what i have.

If your talking about a couple of hours before you go bed then a meat salad would be good. Got your protein with the meat, vits and mins with the salad, and NO carbs to be stored as fat when you sleep! Or an omelette, stick some tomatoes, onions, ham, mushrooms, done! :)

·
Gym Addict
238 Posts
cottage cheese !! nom nom nom ... lidl do a really nice one i couldn't live without 45p a tub. (i buy it 2 trays at a time they much think im bonkers)

Or

Greek Yogurt Mixed with a scoop of Whey. (I use total 0% )

Or

Quark mixed with a scoop of Whey. (Quark is about 70p a tub ish i use half a tub you might needa full tub though)

Also if you get a few different flavor's of whay that mixes is up a bit. I buy 2 tubs a month which is how much i use, but i tend to have 4-6 flavours on the go at once to keep it interesting.

·
Newbie Trainer
84 Posts
I usually make up my lunches for the week on a sunday, just cook some chicken breasts and brocolli put it in the fridge/freezer for the week, then use them as i need them.

You could try similar and just keep them for night when you get home, whether or not this would be any good for you depends on what time you would be eating at?

Good thing is, it only takes a few minutes to heat up and can give you the protein you need.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.