UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Gym Addict
Joined
·
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
coming to the end of my contract this month so will be getting a new contract and a new phone.

can anyone advise phones to get/avoid or who is doing decent tarrifs for the money just now.

thinking about a nokia n95 8mb can get one free with vodafone.
 

·
Road to Juniors 2011??!!
Joined
·
693 Posts
I have the Nokia N95 8gig Black. It's a really good phone and the camera is excellent. I would definately recommend it.

However the new Nokia N96 has come out and that looks pretty damn good too!
 

·
Getting bored sh1tless....
Joined
·
5,016 Posts
You'll get a Nokia N95 8GB free with pretty much any company, dude. Well, you'll be tied in for 18 months (maybe 12 if your provider is decent).

I like the Samsung Soul - thinks it's a really decent phone. Haven't got one like, the missus has, I'm generally a Nokia man myself.

Threaten to leave your provider and they'll throw some decent offers at you which tend to be better than the Direct Sales team you'll get bunged through to - ask for their Loyalty/Retentions Dept, they'll keep you.
 

·
Gym Addict
Joined
·
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
chrisj22 said:
You'll get a Nokia N95 8GB free with pretty much any company, dude. Well, you'll be tied in for 18 months (maybe 12 if your provider is decent).

I like the Samsung Soul - thinks it's a really decent phone. Haven't got one like, the missus has, I'm generally a Nokia man myself.

Threaten to leave your provider and they'll throw some decent offers at you which tend to be better than the Direct Sales team you'll get bunged through to - ask for their Loyalty/Retentions Dept, they'll keep you.
im with o2 just now and they wont do a n95 free unless you are prepared to pay £70 a month for a contract and they only do 18 or 24 month contracts.

have threatened to leave the last few years and got a better deal just need to be prepared to move if they tell me to ram it lol
 

·
The Good...
Joined
·
8,794 Posts
chrisj22 said:
You'll get a Nokia N95 8GB free with pretty much any company, dude. Well, you'll be tied in for 18 months (maybe 12 if your provider is decent).

I like the Samsung Soul - thinks it's a really decent phone. Haven't got one like, the missus has, I'm generally a Nokia man myself.

Threaten to leave your provider and they'll throw some decent offers at you which tend to be better than the Direct Sales team you'll get bunged through to - ask for their Loyalty/Retentions Dept, they'll keep you.
What Mr. Handsome said :D
 

·
Getting bored sh1tless....
Joined
·
5,016 Posts
They're telling you the biggest load of balls going, mate.

You can get a Nokia N95 8GB, 18 month contract, £35 a month from pretty much ANYWHERE.

My mate is with O2, and has been for 6 years, and all they were offering him was to credit his account by £100, no phone or fcuk all. I told him to upgrade elsewhere, he did and got a new phone, plus a free PS3 on an 18 month contract.

Shop about, mate.
 

·
Gym Addict
Joined
·
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
chrisj22 said:
They're telling you the biggest load of balls going, mate.

You can get a Nokia N95 8GB, 18 month contract, £35 a month from pretty much ANYWHERE.

My mate is with O2, and has been for 6 years, and all they were offering him was to credit his account by £100, no phone or fcuk all. I told him to upgrade elsewhere, he did and got a new phone, plus a free PS3 on an 18 month contract.

Shop about, mate.
what network was that with mate?
 

·
Gym Addict
Joined
·
309 Posts
I got me N95 8GB free 8 months ago but I pay £45 a month. Unlimited texts, 1000 minutes. The phones 'ok' but wouldn't say it was amazin. Use alot of the memory for songs and pics and it slows the phone down a lot, an by that I mean for what it takes to load things up such as messages.

Just gotta ask yaself how much you wanna pay a month, how many texts/minutes you use and what quality phone you want.

If it's the end of the contract with your provider I'd guess you can pretty much ask for anything, so if you want the N95 just say to your provider you've looked around and seen such and such a deal then obviously trying to keep your business, they'll try and beat it.
 

·
www.bodybuildingdepot.co. uk
Joined
·
9,170 Posts
IPhone all the way. The N95 has a poor internet browser on it. Untill the likes of BlackBery storm or a decent Android based phone comes out I cant see anything being better. It's far superior in vidoe playback, music playback and internet browsing.

Jailbreak it and you have a nice little toy to play with.
 

·
Saffir meisie moet vernietig wees!!!!!!! Oorwinnin
Joined
·
3,228 Posts
The N95 is the worst phone I have ever owned. Absolutely cr*p in every way. It eventually just fried itself, kept telling me that its memory had had enough and that it couldn't go on with life. Would reccomend just about any other phone than that.
 

·
Mr Universe
Joined
·
8,690 Posts
HTC TyTN II/Kaiser/MDA Vario III/O2 Stellar (all the same phone) works blinding and the software is easily upgradeable and you can personalise it as much as you like. I am also looking around for a new contract/phone will get the same phone but new contract...
 

·
Routine is the enemy
Joined
·
2,044 Posts
not that many decent phones out at the moment, expect some more android ones next year, and windows mobile 6.1 (which is apparently a bit slow and crap as ever)

I'd probably wait till the new year. The current android phone is ok, but it's a bit chunky. HTC are on the right track with their phone design, they just need to slim them down.

Nokia make good easy to use and quality phones. SE are good, but can be a bit slow. Samsung I'm not a fan of. LG ones look good to, not really a smartphone though. Motorola look ok, but are horrible to use.

Also most symbian/uiq/s60 phones are up in arms a bit at the moment, after nokia's acquisition of symbian.

*is a mobile phone software engineer
 

·
Mr Universe
Joined
·
8,690 Posts
gerg said:
not that many decent phones out at the moment, expect some more android ones next year, and windows mobile 6.1 (which is apparently a bit slow and crap as ever)

I'd probably wait till the new year. The current android phone is ok, but it's a bit chunky. HTC are on the right track with their phone design, they just need to slim them down.
I use a 6.1 ROM on my HTC and its pretty quick and smooth... of course that could be the chap who cooked the ROM... Doesnt take up as much room as the last WM6 I used... I dont mind the HTC its good for what I want it and not too bulky...
 

·
Its all love...
Joined
·
250 Posts
I have just grabbed a Blackberry BOLD on voda, its a brick but i must say its The Dogs [email protected]@@@@ !!! I post my ukM stuff from it all the time... get all my emails like texts... The sony?microsoft expeia looks fantastic to... but it depends on what you want your phone top do... the 3 network have also upped their game a load and are offering some really good deals... the coverage is not that bad at all these days...
 

·
Solid Gold
Joined
·
6,442 Posts
I am looking to upgrade mine soon, i was thinking of the N96 or the sony ec905, the sony has an 8mp camera as opposed to the nokias 5 but i wouldnt have thought the picture quality would be any different really,, i did look at iphones but there seems to be sod all on em, a measily 2mp camera and you cant even send mms, so thats right out of the window!!!
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top