UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Gym Addict
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, im training real hard at the mo 4-5 times a week with weights and running 3 miles bout 5 days a week. And eating well.

At the mo for cardio i run 3 miles, 5 times a week.

Should i mix it up and say do some bag work ie boxing.

or some sprint drills ie HIIT

or continue what im doing and try to run further / faster ?

Your thoughts appreciated

Cheers

Lee

·
Routine is the enemy
2,044 Posts
running 5k 5 days a week isn't going to improve your running that much. Try some full body very high intensity training for 10-20 minutes, resting as little as possible. Bag work might come under this as long as you are kicking and punching, and going flat out.

I'd leave running to maybe once a week, and give your knees and body a rest.

I run maybe once every couple of weeks, and get a drastic improvement from all the other stuff I do. Also it might be worth getting your running form checked out to make sure it's efficient as possible.

Other stuff to try is fartlek, sprint, interval training and hill running

·
Routine is the enemy
2,044 Posts
I might sound like a broken record but I use something called crossfit to get probably the fittest I've ever been. Each day they post a different workout, which might range from strength training to running 15k, each workout is scaled according to your fitness level. It's best to use the crossfit warmup at least a few times a week (itself almost a workout).

Don't think many people on here really understand or want to, but most people who try it love it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.