UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Getting HUGE!
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im going to see my parents for a few days in Canterbury and thought i may as well hit the gym for a few days.

I knwo the place is awesome but cant help feel that ill look like a bit of a pleb with my 80kgs and 5'8 of nothingness in there anyone else think the same!?

·
Beware, black belt keybord warrior!
1,055 Posts
I reckon in most gyms the regular members are spot on & take pride in welcoming new members, gym folk are probs the friendliest folk around regardless of what stage in training you are...

Just treat others as you want to be treated, simples....

Enjoy mate & go for it :)

·
Getting HUGE!
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers guys

yeah...i wouldnt usually be intimdated but this place looks more hardcore than anywhere else i have seen!

Think ill give it a bash...wont be mentioning the words 'used to be skinny' to anyone! :)

·
Gym Addict
225 Posts
tonyc74 said:
Im going to see my parents for a few days in Canterbury and thought i may as well hit the gym for a few days.

I knwo the place is awesome but cant help feel that ill look like a bit of a pleb with my 80kgs and 5'8 of nothingness in there anyone else think the same!?
Could be worse, you could look like me lol

Do as I always did when I was offshore and everyone else was huge..... dont give a phuck! I was always welcomed by everyone and even did a 3 weeker training with a ex-marine rowing champ ( great bloke for motivation, 55 years old and still one of the fittest blokes ive ever met )

·
Banned
5,420 Posts
I train in a hardcore gym and all my mates say i wouldnt train there coz i would get laughed at.

It could be any more diffrent, every one gets on with there own thing, and offers advice etc. freindly as mate, wouldnt worry at all

·
Extreme Labs Ambassador
11,577 Posts
djmacka said:
I reckon in most gyms the regular members are spot on & take pride in welcoming new members, gym folk are probs the friendliest folk around regardless of what stage in training you are...

Just treat others as you want to be treated, simples....

Enjoy mate & go for it :)
Don't know, i bet i look horrible when training. I don't smile, i don't laugh, talk. Just put my music in, cover my face with my tshirt between sets to get angry for the next set. Only way i can beat last weeks effort!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.