UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
4,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some advice from any mechanics or people of good knowledge please, my partners mini cooper 52 plate has recently started chugging petrol, she does not do motorway mileage or rag the car at all and follows the same route everyday but recently it is costing about a tenner in petrol every 40miles!!! There is no obvious leaking and we have checked every day for the last 3 days, she does need new tires but this wouldn't effect it this dramatically would it? Any advise to try before having to pay to take it to a garage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
42 Posts
I had a similiar problem on a beemer, before it was fixed it was doing approx 9 mpg, had to take it to main dealer to get it sorted at 52 quid an hour labour charge, fcukin dick turpin had nothing on these guys. Anyway turned out to be oxygen sensor , so i would get that sorted first.

·
Premium Member
22,718 Posts
johnzy said:
I had a similiar problem on a beemer, before it was fixed it was doing approx 9 mpg, had to take it to main dealer to get it sorted at 52 quid an hour labour charge, fcukin dick turpin had nothing on these guys. Anyway turned out to be oxygen sensor , so i would get that sorted first.
which is the lambda sensor I mentioned:thumbup1:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.