UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Under Construction
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.nurishment.co.uk/buyhereandnow.asp

Nutrition Milk Drink

I get my for 12 a case, consisting of 12 cans.

a wide range of flavours, full of vits and 21grams of protein.

Not bad for chucking in with your bait box, no mixing, no milk or water required, just a quick instant hit of protein, which i use at 2pm, after lunch snack..

anybody tried these?

the banana flavour is yummy!:high5:

·
Under Construction
962 Posts
I have seen these before but I have never tried them as I always thought it was high in fat, I'll take a look at the stats next time I see one or if anyone wants to post the info of a can I am sure it will be appreciated

·
Under Construction
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got a can infront of me here for you lads:

Banana flav.

Typically provides:

Energy - 1804/428

Protein - 21.0

Carbs- 60

- of which sugars - 60

Fat - 12.6

- of which saturates - 7.1

Fibre - nil

sodium - 0.3

Vit A, Vit D, Vit C, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Folacin, Vitamin B12, Calcium, Iron

-Rich in calcium

-Rich in vitamins

-Source of protein

-Suitable for Veggy's

-Made with fresh milf

Downside the sugar content...

i take these at 2pm everyday

G

·
Buy some protein powder or meal replacement instead mate. The sugar levels in them things is through the roof. And they're expensive too. Powder works out a lot cheaper.

·
EFBB Winner
3,850 Posts
They are total sh1te mate(full of sugar and a decent amount of saturated fat) -if you want to be a big fat ba5tard then carry on drinking them.

Either buy a decent MRP or,preferably,make your own.

G

·
Do you have a shaker? I take little tubs full of whey to work and then just mix with water and have a good old shake at my desk lol

·
EFBB Winner
3,850 Posts
Ste_F said:
Do you have a shaker? I take little tubs full of whey to work and then just mix with water and have a good old shake at my desk lol
A Blended powder or Milk concentrate/casein would be an improvement as whey is insulogenic and has very limited longevity.Add carbs as needed(fine oats) and/or,depending on goals,psyllium husk and fish oils for greater nutritional/health benefits.

G

·
Huey, can yout tell me why casein would be better for in the day. Bearing in mind i have my shake mid afternoon due to not having a break for 5 hours. So its inbetween two meals. I believed that casein being slower release was more for use at night before bed. In the same way people eat cottage cheese. I don't see why i'd want to slow down the release of protein into my body. If you can clarify that for me it would be appreciated. Quite possible i've misunderstood something.

Thanks

·
Under Construction
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well i have 11 cans to use up, so whats they are done and gone, should i take 1 scoop (28g) of my met rx whey which gives me 18g protein to work and add water?

i use milk with mine at breakfast, and night, obv when am at home, but i suppose i could take a little bottle of water to work.

would this be much better for 2pm?

so that would be a shake at:

7.30 - after breakfast

6pm - after gym /or/ 8pm on non gym nights

11pm - before bed

and then 2pm if i decide to take that one, as weve discussed.

one scoop offers 18grams on protein, and i add 200ml of milk.

ive started to up my scoops to 1.5 but using the same amount of milk (200ml) what do you guys do in the means on "how many scoops" ?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.