UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Putting the yummy back into the mummy
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to cut down my dairy intake for a trial period to see if it affects a skin condition I'm suffering with, but not sure what to choose as a milk alternative.

The ones that I have seen in the supermarket are soya milk, rice milk, oat milk, lactose-free milk and goats milk. Would ideally go with one of the first 3 since the others are technically still dairy, albeit a different sort.

Has anyone tried any and found them to not be minging? Would mainly be using it on cereal and in tea.

TIA

·
My Protein Discount Code MP2819
5,868 Posts
Have tried Soya Milk! In a Protein shake its fine, in Tea not so great but you do get some cancer busting phyto nutrients with it.

Ignore any worries about phyto eostrogens in SOya Milk, you need to drink a massive dose (16floz) per day for it to make any difference, and in women anyway, the phyto oestrogens bind to your oestrogen receptors blocking them, meaning they are good for preventing breast cancer.

There are other scares over soya consumption, nine pack and I had a little debate over it years ago, but keep your intake sensible and its perfectly safe.

Havent tried any of the other milks, but Gluten allergy can cause a skin rash also.

hth

SD

1 - 2 of 2 Posts