UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so i recently got my hormones checked before my first ever cycle so i have a natural baseline, wanted to get your guys opinion on these results or compare them to your results. Excited to start my first cycle and i am thinking of doing it Monday coming up but might wait another week or two to drop just a bit more body fat, current weight 92kg at 27% Body fat, 41% Muscle, 54% water using a bioelectrical impedance analysis (BIA) at my gym which is a commonly used method for estimating body composition, in particular body fat and muscle mass. In BIA, a weak electric current flow through the body and the voltage is measured in order to calculate impedance (resistance) of the body. Most body water is stored in muscle.

Here are my results:

Rectangle Font Parallel Slope Screenshot

Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Circle

Rectangle Font Magenta Circle Screenshot

Attachments

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Those machines at the gym underestimate ime when I was clearly Around 18% bf I was getting 14/15 and when I was about 13/14 I was getting 8% so I'd be wary of those results because I know I have never been close to 8% bf at least not in 12 years . Either way your bloods look good regardless.

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Those machines at the gym underestimate ime when I was clearly Around 18% bf I was getting 14/15 and when I was about 13/14 I was getting 8% so I'd be wary of those results because I know I have never been close to 8% bf at least not in 12 years . Either way your bloods look good regardless.
Hey Acer,
Yeah i have heard those machines at the gym can be highly inaccurate i do have a manual way of measuring it using a caliper which is a lot more accurate as i am told :D ill give that a go and keep you posted on this topic see the disparities :D

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They're bollox. I just went in my and they said I'm 21% BF. No way am I that high, more like 15
Hey man,
Are you judging it by how you feel or some other measurement? Yeah i wouldnt use the BIA as a accurate measurement, i have some calipers so i will get on that and hopefully get a better more accurate reading :p

You'll get even fatter
Of course if you in a surplus your going to put on fat and muscle but what if you ate at maintenance calories what do you think would happen then? My understanding currently is when your on cycle your loose a little fat while on it and gain muscle is this wrong?

·
Premium Member
1,968 Posts
Hey man,
Are you judging it by how you feel or some other measurement? Yeah i wouldnt use the BIA as a accurate measurement, i have some calipers so i will get on that and hopefully get a better more accurate reading :p

Of course if you in a surplus your going to put on fat and muscle but what if you ate at maintenance calories what do you think would happen then? My understanding currently is when your on cycle your loose a little fat while on it and gain muscle is this wrong?
By the mirror mate, I know what 20% looks like and that ain't me. I think 15% is being conservative , probably a bit under, ribs showing, abs outline, striations in delts, veins in groin. No 20+% BF looks like that lol

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
At best in my experience you can gain muscle and maintain fat % with a moderate surplus ( I did this jan-March , 7 kg gain stayed ~14 % but that was also a rebound after a 3 month cut and I was using ghrp2 and mod grf peptides x3 daily + eating a very controlled diet. Doesn't mean I didn't gain any fat as if you put on muscle and the same amount of fat or less your Bf % remains the same. Also aside from higher aromatisation, water retention , & higher BP you won't be able to assess muscle/fat gain as easily as you would holding less fat. E.g if you at least wake up with full but faint abs in the mornings , then they start to fade you know your putting on fat and at what rate . If you however already wake up with no shadow of abs or vascularity anywhere it's a lot harder to gauge in 3/4 kg of fat gain over time, it's hard to distinguish between 27 and 30% where as I can tell if I start at 14 and I've hit 15-16 very easily. Oh and of course being leaner normally increases insulin sensitivity which again makes a difference of fat/lbm gain

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
By the mirror mate, I know what 20% looks like and that ain't me. I think 15% is being conservative , probably a bit under, ribs showing, abs outline, striations in delts, veins in groin. No 20+% BF looks like that lol
Mate my home scale has started giving me 28% ? was It was giving me 19 till a few weeks ago the gym machine 8 they're rubbish

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Haha fair enough my dude, just compared some body compositions and 25% looks like my body fat from what i see using this image:
Whats your type guys and lets me honest :p

You need to eat in a surplus to build muscle, fat gain is inevitable
True but the cut to show the muscle after a bulk should be mint!

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
At best in my experience you can gain muscle and maintain fat % with a moderate surplus ( I did this jan-March , 7 kg gain stayed ~14 % but that was also a rebound after a 3 month cut and I was using ghrp2 and mod grf peptides x3 daily + eating a very controlled diet. Doesn't mean I didn't gain any fat as if you put on muscle and the same amount of fat or less your Bf % remains the same. Also aside from higher aromatisation, water retention , & higher BP you won't be able to assess muscle/fat gain as easily as you would holding less fat. E.g if you at least wake up with full but faint abs in the mornings , then they start to fade you know your putting on fat and at what rate . If you however already wake up with no shadow of abs or vascularity anywhere it's a lot harder to gauge in 3/4 kg of fat gain over time, it's hard to distinguish between 27 and 30% where as I can tell if I start at 14 and I've hit 15-16 very easily. Oh and of course being leaner normally increases insulin sensitivity which again makes a difference of fat/lbm gain
You sound like an experienced guy and know your body very well how long have you been cycling and maintaining a healthy diet?

Mate my home scale has started giving me 28% ? was It was giving me 19 till a few weeks ago the gym machine 8 they're rubbish
Yeah that quite a wild swing in both directions have you ever used a DEXA scanner to get a complete accurate reading on your body comp?

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
You sound like an experienced guy and know your body very well how long have you been cycling and maintaining a healthy diet?

Yeah that quite a wild swing in both directions have you ever used a DEXA scanner to get a complete accurate reading on your body comp?
Tbh mate not all that experienced, just the basics haven't actually done many cycles a few when I was in my 20s, last year this time I was around 25% bf after a year and half of no training eating crap and an unhealthy lifestyle in general.Got down to 14% in 11/12 weeks of dieting and weights/cardio daily( I went all in tracking everything at a 1000+ Cal deficit ) naturally before taking any gear again. I did run my first cycle around 18/19% bf at 22 and was a very very good one but I had a better base than when I hopped on this year but didn't know anything about diet just got told to eat as much as I could and lots of protein lol (it worked , but I just wanted to get big didn't care about being shredded abs etc) as for a DEXA I've thought about it but don't see much point it might give me 18/19% as I have seen with Some of the YouTube fitness guys who look around 13% at most then the dexa gives them 16/17 it depend on how your fat is distributed so I just go by the mirror

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.