UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
5% off myprotein.co.uk discount code = MP145650
2,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after my recent shoulder op on my ac joint..all seemed to be going well..apart from developing an abcess..which cleared up with antibiotics..

pain is almost nil now...and scar healed up really well..but the question is..

why does it keep filling with fluid? i can pierce the scar slightly to allow it to drain out...but i drained it last night and fluid is back today..

liquid spilling out of it is orangey colour..prob blood and something else mixed..

what is this...and should i go back to doctors again or is it normal?

·
Premium Member
22,718 Posts
it could be remnants of the wound healing from the bottom (granulation),if there is no other sign of infection (heat, pain, fever, puss) - the small sinus will heal eventually but pop to the docs if unsure - may be worth some more anti biotics or get it swab tested

·
2,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Uriel said:
it could be remnants of the wound healing from the bottom (granulation),if there is no other sign of infection (heat, pain, fever, puss) - the small sinus will heal eventually but pop to the docs if unsure - may be worth some more anti biotics or get it swab tested
def no signs of infection..and no puss...never has been...but just liquid..

i will make an appointment 2moro...thanks uriel xxxx

and thanks lads that answered my post xxx

·
2,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ive got docs today...and i never drained fluid last night i left it for the doc to see...and its quite a site lol

IMG_0124.jpg

its not sore at all...i can feel the pressure of the liquid pressing down on joint...

hopefully i wont end up in A&E

the scar isnt pink anymore...its dark purple...??

·
2,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
saw doc and he wasnt happy with it...hes phoning my surgeon and will try to get an emergency appointment with him this week if possible..

so its a waiting game..

doc says not to drain it again..just leave it..its going to be touching my ear by the end of the week lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.