UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Newbie Trainer
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all am 20 years old and weigh about 150 pounds. an i want to be eating 5-6 meals a day but i'm relly struggling. am a really fussy eater too. i dont like bread tuna pasta vegatables. i was wandering weather meal replacements would be the way to go? any suggestions

·
EFBB Winner
3,850 Posts
Hello Rickie :)

It's time to be a man mate! :thumbup1:

You will get away with 2 MRP'S a day with the other 4 meals,minimum,being real food!

Out of the list of dislikes - Veg stands out,this is essential- it's full of vits and minerals,perfect for growth

I bet you have hardly tried any veg? There is such a broad variety that you can't just write them off.

My favourites - brocolli,sprots,peppers,mushrooms,cougettes,green beans,spinach,onions,kale,cauliflower,leeks,cabbage

Get my drift? :)

·
Newbie Trainer
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanx. i know thats what i need to do. MAN UP lol. i have tried alot i have tried most veg an really dont like it. i suppose i cud try putting it in foods to hide the taste. if i was to add sum veg to my diet and just put up wiv forcing it down me what would u suggest? what would be the best veg to get down me ?

·
My Protein Discount Code MP2819
5,868 Posts
Your dislikes are fairly restrictive but you still have rice and potatoes as starch options.

If you have discounted any vegetables in any form, you could add spirulina powder or some other whole greens powder to your protein shakes, Udo's do a good one. Its made from algae and is concentrated goodness.

Meal Replacements as Para said are for replacing 2 meals out of 6 maximum. After a while you will get sick of them and they do not contain all the nutrients necessary for health long term, so whilst you can replace meals with them at a push, you cant live of them.

I did actually run out of food when I was a student and all I had was MRP's. I lived off them for over a week, and I can tell you, 6 of them a day became a bland miserable experience, my digestion went to pot, I didnt [email protected] for several days and got constipation. My stomach hurt all the time and I generally felt listless and 'unwell' like flu. Not nice!

hth

SD

·
Newbie Trainer
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok thanx mate. ill look into that. its horrbile like because i want to get big as quickly as possible but its hard with the foods i eat. peas are the only vegetable i like. i dont eat fish either like. just meats mainly. but i cant just live off meats i need to get big fast. lol

·
Newbie Trainer
17 Posts
Rickie Robbo said:
ok thanx mate. ill look into that. its horrbile like because i want to get big as quickly as possible but its hard with the foods i eat. peas are the only vegetable i like. i dont eat fish either like. just meats mainly. but i cant just live off meats i need to get big fast. lol
If you can't stomach veg get yourself a really good multi. Then eat big. Steak, whole eggs, chicken, turkey, Oatmeal, Rice, Potatoes. Eat as much as you can without putting on too much fat. Don't try go down the shake route - its a waste of time. You will grow like a weed eating 6 meals of meat and starches.

I can give you some strange recipe ideas if you really are struggling

Don

·
Newbie Trainer
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
d0nny2600 said:
If you can't stomach veg get yourself a really good multi. Then eat big. Steak, whole eggs, chicken, turkey, Oatmeal, Rice, Potatoes. Eat as much as you can without putting on too much fat. Don't try go down the shake route - its a waste of time. You will grow like a weed eating 6 meals of meat and starches.

I can give you some strange recipe ideas if you really are struggling

Don
yea i would really appreciate that mate. any way off gettin it down me wud be good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts