UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Newbie Trainer
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondered if there are any mature guys on here late 40s early 50s that are currently doing aas , i;m contemplating doing a course and just looking for any good advice , getting plenty from the gym but not sure? i.e what sort of course and being older will the pct be the same ?

·
EFBB Winner
4,331 Posts
I'm a mere youngster compared to you by the sound of it 42. First off get yourself checked out especially heart and BP if you can wing a heart thing where they wire you up (sorry forget name of it) get that done.

Then first cycle as follows:

Inj - Test E/C/Sust - 8-10 Weeks 500mg

or

Oral - Dbol -30-40mg 6weeks or Tbol 40-60mg 6 weeks.

Standard PCT and then see how you recover. Then next cycle maybe start looking at running hcg throughout.

Make sure you keep an eye on your BP all the time.

·
HULK SMASH!!!
8,498 Posts
Harry said:
I'm a mere youngster compared to you by the sound of it 42. First off get yourself checked out especially heart and BP if you can wing a heart thing where they wire you up (sorry forget name of it) get that done.

Then first cycle as follows:

Inj - Test E/C/Sust - 8-10 Weeks 500mg

or

Oral - Dbol -30-40mg 6weeks or Tbol 40-60mg 6 weeks.

Standard PCT and then see how you recover. Then next cycle maybe start looking at running hcg throughout.

Make sure you keep an eye on your BP all the time.
At his age due think it would really be worth running PCT as nat test levels i would have thought would be pretty low anyway...

Why not a low TRT dose, poss 100mg test E every 10 days or something like that, But run HCg at same time??

Just a thought

·
EFBB Winner
4,331 Posts
jw007 said:
At his age due think it would really be worth running PCT as nat test levels i would have thought would be pretty low anyway...

Why not a low TRT dose, poss 100mg test E every 10 days or something like that, But run HCg at same time??

Just a thought
Would have thought running a PCT without doing a cycle would only increase test levels temporary and they would then revert back to his normal levels, afetr a couple of weeks?

·
HULK SMASH!!!
8,498 Posts
Harry said:
Would have thought running a PCT without doing a cycle would only increase test levels temporary and they would then revert back to his normal levels, afetr a couple of weeks?
I thought he was running a cycle???

But then im not up on PCt protocols as i dont use.

Even if ran PCt it would only help to get backnat test lvels which I ASSUME would be pretty low in any case

Its my opinion when get late 30s plus and you are an AAS user its just more healthy to run small dose TRT indefinatley etc

But I dont like to tell anyone what to do as ive only got my own experiences to go on...

·
Watch out, I'm coming..
1,546 Posts
jw007 said:
I thought he was running a cycle???

But then im not up on PCt protocols as i dont use.

Even if ran PCt it would only help to get backnat test lvels which I ASSUME would be pretty low in any case

Its my opinion when get late 30s plus and you are an AAS user its just more healthy to run small dose TRT indefinatley etc

But I dont like to tell anyone what to do as ive only got my own experiences to go on...
I agree with this wholeheartedly.

PCT will cause more problems than it will solve in this case.

·
Banned
14,412 Posts
tinheed said:
Just wondered if there are any mature guys on here late 40s early 50s that are currently doing as , i;m contemplating doing a course and just looking for any good advice , getting plenty from the gym but not sure? i.e what sort of course and being older will the pct be the same ?
Hi, there are few of us mature guys on here, i'm nearly 48.

First off, i agree with harry, it's definitely worth seeing your GP.

You could well be a candidate for TRT, also getting a basic well man test done, IE liver and kidney function, cholesterol, FBC, BP and prostate.

I just had mine done 5 weeks into a blast cycle, all is good.

Iv'e been taking steroids a few years, but gave up PCT and decided it was more beneficial for me personally to cruise on a low dose of test between cycles. This may be your best choice, but definitely get the checks done first.

If everything is fine then a straight forward test cycle for 10wks would be my advice. Make sure you are well read in the possible side effects, you don't want any surprises, we aren't talking anything serious, just the usual, IE, oily skin/acne, water retention, possible gyno symptoms ( which can be controlled with the correct drugs).

Then of course you have the good effects, increase in libido, increase in strength and LBM, a reduction in fat, feeling like a teenager again:beer:

Just do your research and ask about anything your not sure on.

99% of the guys here are only too willing to help, speak to hacksii, he's another of the mature builders with a wealth of knowledge. :thumb:

·
Bad Mother Fuker
22,718 Posts
Mars, I'm 41. What you do is new to me, are your natural test levels negligible? Is there any chance of someone in their 40's having decent test levels at all (I know - I should get them checked).

Is it ok health wise to keep taking low TRT between cycles for life?

I'm interested...

·
Banned
14,412 Posts
Uriel said:
Mars, I'm 41. What you do is new to me, are your natural test levels negligible? Is there any chance of someone in their 40's having decent test levels at all (I know - I should get them checked).

Is it ok health wise to keep taking low TRT between cycles for life?

I'm interested...
40+ and having decent test levels is not unheard of, although of course test levels do start to decline much earlier.

TRT for anyone in their 40's is worth considering, personally i self administer but i get regular blood tests.

Iv'e been on this method a few years and i'm very healthy according to my doctor, this doesn't mean there aren't health risks, there are, but are they any worse or better for running a low dose test between cycles as opposed to PCT, who can say?

First off mate i'd get some tests done and then you will be better informed to make a decision on whats best for you.

·
Newbie Trainer
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks for the response guys much appreciated , advice i was given by a friend who is also over 50 is much the same as mars suggests so maybee thats the way to go , could you give me a run down on what you would typically be doing mars ? amounts etc ,

BTW i recently had a health check only thing i havn;t had done is a prostrate check maybee have to get it done ! question i have is if you chose to go down this route are you making a long term commitment and /or if you choose to come off it what would the likely consequences be ??

·
Banned
14,412 Posts
tinheed said:
thanks for the response guys much appreciated , advice i was given by a friend who is also over 50 is much the same as mars suggests so maybe that's the way to go , could you give me a run down on what you would typically be doing mars ? amounts etc ,

BTW i recently had a health check only thing i haven;t had done is a prostrate check maybee have to get it done ! question i have is if you chose to go down this route are you making a long term commitment and /or if you choose to come off it what would the likely consequences be ??
Hi mate, my blasts vary, but i'm taking in the region of 1.5-2.0g wk.

My blast phase lasts for 12wks and my cruise for 14wks, so i get two blast a year.

The blast: This essentially only lasts 8-9wks, then i taper down over the next 3wks till i get to my cruise phase. The reason i started tapering down was because it avoided a crash, subsequently this led to less sides, so that's the way i always do it now.

The cruise: As i said it's 14wks, i use sustanon for this at 250mg wk.

However, i hit my cruise again in a couple of weeks and i'm going for E9D this time, i;ll see how it goes but i don't forsee any problems by extending the injection time an extra couple of days, i'll still be within half the active life so sides shouldn't arise.

This is not the cruise dose i'd recommend to a begginer as it's quite possible to cruise on half that dose, as you can see i'm still perfecting my blast/cruise protocol, it's trial and error, finding what best works for you.

·
Banned
14,412 Posts
tinheed said:
thanks again mars if i go this route what will i gain in muscle mass ? training properly with good diet .
That my freind is theeeeee $6400000000000000 ? :)

But, theoretically speaking:lol: on a 10wk test e cycle @ 500mg wk, with an excellent diet and training routine, you could come away with 15-20lbs.

·
EFBB Winner
3,552 Posts
If you really intend staying on a TRT dose between cycles then I would just run the actual cycle at 250mg of test a week to start.

The reason I say this is that there's no real rush to get in and out quick before you shut down (If your staying on), and 250mg will give a considerable boost over natural test levels. Up the dose to 375 then 500 when the gains start to slow.

·
Newbie Trainer
53 Posts
I am 53 years old. Having trained naturally for all my life I reached my limits and it was getting tough to achieve any worthwhile gains. I tried my first cycle beginning of the year which was a test and deca cycle. I made up to 20% gains in strength and 'some' weight gains but did struggle to eat enough. I did do a normal PCT. Why? Because having trained all my life I knew I definately had a reasonable amount of natural test in my body. Following my PCT I ended up with around 10% gain in strength and about half stone of quality muscle so I was well pleased. I am currently on another cycle and it's likely that it will be my last proper one simply because I've achieved my goals and don't want to get any bigger. My current cycle is test e, equipoise, and deca. The deca and eq combined is a great combo for collagen synthesis which is bloody useful for an old un :) I'm eating loads and the gains have been incredible in both size and strength. I am considering a TRT after instead of a PCT but haven't decided yet.

If you are a good athlete currently with good size and strength then you'll certainly have a fair test level natural. You can try a cycle with PCT then use IGF and peg MGF to bridge. If you can afford it then perhaps HGH. Either way there are options. Best way is lots of research. There are a lot of good and knowledgable guys on this site so you should be able to reach a educated decision.

Cheers

·
Gym Addict
193 Posts
mars1960 said:
Hi, there are few of us mature guys on here, i'm nearly 48.

First off, i agree with harry, it's definitely worth seeing your GP.

You could well be a candidate for TRT, also getting a basic well man test done, IE liver and kidney function, cholesterol, FBC, BP and prostate.

I just had mine done 5 weeks into a blast cycle, all is good.

Iv'e been taking steroids a few years, but gave up PCT and decided it was more beneficial for me personally to cruise on a low dose of test between cycles. This may be your best choice, but definitely get the checks done first.

If everything is fine then a straight forward test cycle for 10wks would be my advice. Make sure you are well read in the possible side effects, you don't want any surprises, we aren't talking anything serious, just the usual, IE, oily skin/acne, water retention, possible gyno symptoms ( which can be controlled with the correct drugs).

Then of course you have the good effects, increase in libido, increase in strength and LBM, a reduction in fat, feeling like a teenager again:beer:

Just do your research and ask about anything your not sure on.

99% of the guys here are only too willing to help, speak to hacksii, he's another of the mature builders with a wealth of knowledge. :thumb:
Totally agree with the above , I ve just had bloods done , all is fine too , been using for a few years too , im 43 now , I just cycle sus and prop these days , I personally dont bother with a pct, I tend too come off for 8 weeks , go back on for 12wks. 500mg of sus an 100mg of prop every other day, I did use the deca one time , but not keen on it now , I think cycling i a very individual thing, this works for me these days. :thumbup1:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts