UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Getting HUGE!
Joined
·
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And she's got distorted vision in one eye.. minor and she should be fine, but she asked me what she should do?

She bought them from Asda last week and the expiry date is September 2009

Complaining to the store would get an apology maybe.. I think she should take it further? Any ideas guys?
 

·
Beware, black belt keybord warrior!
Joined
·
1,055 Posts
Sy. said:
I know its not the same but i accidently used ear drops 2 years out of date and nothing came of it. To put her mind at ease just give the docs a ring maybe?
I think he meant along the lines of compensation mate...
 

·
I... See... Dead... Celebrities
Joined
·
147 Posts
Well hopefully she's got the receipt etc and follows it all through fully... glad its nothing major but makes you think 'what if' etc

I used some out of date eye-drops fine tbh
 

·
Getting HUGE!
Joined
·
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Can confirm she still has the receipt.

I had another thread on BT the other day, I was recommended speaking to a CEO directly and to my disbelief, it worked. I spoke to the director of BT personally within 4 hours of emailing him.. and this was on a Sunday night!

I've told her to try the same.
 

·
Never too cut
Joined
·
717 Posts
Heineken said:
Can confirm she still has the receipt.

I had another thread on BT the other day, I was recommended speaking to a CEO directly and to my disbelief, it worked. I spoke to the director of BT personally within 4 hours of emailing him.. and this was on a Sunday night!

I've told her to try the same.
Why the fcuk did you demand to speak with a ceo?! did BT sh!t in your breakfast?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
16,442 Posts
Heineken said:
And she's got distorted vision in one eye.. minor and she should be fine, but she asked me what she should do?

She bought them from Asda last week and the expiry date is September 2009

Complaining to the store would get an apology maybe.. I think she should take it further? Any ideas guys?
They were probably just put out by mistake. Personally, as long as i got another bottle of eye drops back i wouldn't care, i use eydrops every day and have used out of date bottles by mistake many times and been ok.

What's up with people wanting compensation for everything nowadays, can't people just accept that sometimes mistakes are made?
 

·
Leaning out...
Joined
·
1,236 Posts
Smitch said:
They were probably just put out by mistake. Personally, as long as i got another bottle of eye drops back i wouldn't care, i use eydrops every day and have used out of date bottles by mistake many times and been ok.

What's up with people wanting compensation for everything nowadays, can't people just accept that sometimes mistakes are made?
This. You'd get F all unless she was harmed in anyway.
 

·
Getting HUGE!
Joined
·
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It's the principle, what if she'd gone blind?

Would you still be saying 'oh thats a shame, but mistakes are made every day!'

Probably put out by mistake.. I'm assuming staff at Asda can read, the fact that they weren't pulled from the shelf immediately is gross negligence, they shouldn't be in stock rotation.. they just shouldn't be in the store full stop, so somebody hasn't done their job properly and it's caused someone an injury (as minor as it is).

I'm sure if it were your missus or daughter mate, you'd have a different tune. You only get one set of eyes.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
16,442 Posts
Heineken said:
It's the principle, what if she'd gone blind? She hasn't gone blind

Would you still be saying 'oh thats a shame, but mistakes are made every day!'

Probably put out by mistake.. I'm assuming staff at Asda can read, the fact that they weren't pulled from the shelf immediately is gross negligence, they shouldn't be in stock rotation.. they just shouldn't be in the store full stop, so somebody hasn't done their job properly and it's caused someone an injury (as minor as it is). I'm sure if you were putting out hundreds of tiny packets on display you'd check the date on evry pack.

I'm sure if it were your missus or daughter mate, you'd have a different tune. You only get one set of eyes. I wouldn't give a monkeys mate. As you've said, she's not injured so what's the actual issue here?
 

·
Five days a week, my body is a temple. The other t
Joined
·
2,180 Posts
Smitch said:
They were probably just put out by mistake. Personally, as long as i got another bottle of eye drops back i wouldn't care, i use eydrops every day and have used out of date bottles by mistake many times and been ok.

What's up with people wanting compensation for everything nowadays, can't people just accept that sometimes mistakes are made?
I'm gona have to be with you on this one, I find it very irritating that people want to sue companies for the littlest thing.

If you trip over a paving slab that is as high as a 50p you can claim, makes me laugh :cursing:

This is just my opinion though thought I would throw my 2 pennies worth in
 

·
Getting HUGE!
Joined
·
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm not arguing, if you guys would roll over then good for you - but there is no harm in contacting them. They had a dodge product, she hurt her eye by using it.. end of :)
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top