UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Gym Addict
146 Posts
it hit home today that what ive been doing is wasteing my time and its time to get serious so ive decided i need somewhere where i can post my progression , lifts , thoughts well pretty much everything and here on this lovely cluttered corner of this forum is where i have chosen . so here is me its kinda a before and where i am currently at now after about 5 months training put on 10lbs . ive pretty much been messing around and i mean messing about i trained at home with dumbels and without a bench not eating enough not getting even close to the amount of pretein i needed basically my diet in general was poor but its all gonna change time to really give it my all ive been trying out a local gym and have decided im gonna join and am ready to see what my body can do

post-38632-143614200963_thumb.jpg

post-38632-143614200972_thumb.jpg

Attachments

·
Gym Addict
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my current routine is (i guessed thats what you meant)

monday: back and biceps

wide grip lat pull down

bent over db rows

dead lifts

seated wide grip straight bar pulls (kinda made it up but its when you on the seated rows machine and use a wide straight bar and pull towards you squeezing your back)

db curls

straight bar curls

hammer curls

wednesday: legs and shoulders

db side lat raise

shoulder press

front db raise

squats

hamstring curl

seated calf raises

leg press to finish

friday : chest and tris

db press

incline bench

cable flyes

dips

skull crushers

tricep rope extensions

saturday : abs

and yeah i am one messy fcuker i use all my clothes and leave them on the floor till i run out of clean ones then wash em all.... its natures way

·
I LIKE EGGS. EGGS LIKE ME.
599 Posts
In my opinion your routine could be improved massively.

Only advanced trainers need the variety that you've included.

You'd be better off sticking to the compounds and focusing on strength increases.

I can suggest a few routines if you'd like?

·
599 Posts
What sort of numbers are you lifting at the moment?

Deadlift, Bench, Squat, Row, Overhead Press?

http://www.uk-muscle.co.uk/getting-started/46402-real-arnold-schwarzenegger-beginner-programs.html

That is a good thread which will give you a good understanding of the sort of training that'll get you big and strong quickly.

Google "Starting Strength" also.

A simple push/pull/legs routine will work as well (5x5 or 3x8 depending on strength).

Monday: Pull

Deadlift

Row

Chins

BB curl

Weds: Push

Bench

Overhead Press

Close Grip Bench

(abs)

Friday: Legs

Squat

Stiff Legged Deadlifts (2x8 not 5x5)

Calf work.

(Could add some shrugs here as well)

·
Gym Addict
146 Posts
thanks for the advice and routines man i think i might start a 5x5 push pull legs routine at the end of this month for 2 months to try and get my strength up currently

bench is around 70-80 kg , db press is with 35's, squats at 60kg ,deads at 80kg, db row at 45kg ,shoulder press is a machine

all i do for 8 reps

my goals are to hit the 100+ kg bench by the end of the year, 100kg squat, 120 dead and 60 kg rows and weight 80kg (12.5st)

sounds reasonable?

edit: just weighed self am currently at 11st 9lb maybe 13st by the end of the year?

·
599 Posts
Yes mate, those goals sound reasonable to me!

And a 5x5 routine is deffo the way to do it.

I would just start the 5x5 now, an extra month.

You seem to be an ectomorph, so eat like HELL.... don't worry about getting fat.

Drink lots of whole milk, lots of fresh fruit and veg, lots of eggs, beef and chicken (or turkey).

·
Gym Addict
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah sadly i am one of the unlucky ones (ectomorphs) my game plan is eat fcking loads lift all i can and sleep. i will keep this updated with my progress and my gains / lifts and moods thanks for all your help so far jake reps your way

·
Gym Addict
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
right my shoulder is still niggleing me abit . its not painful at all unless i hold the han and try and do a side lat raise then its like a dull pain like a really mild tooth ache but in the shoulder ? do i train tomorow its chest and tris day and i really dont wanna miss it but i dont wanna do damage?

·
Gym Addict
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
went and done chest and tris today and all felt good up untill cable flys then it started huting my shoulder abit so stopped (dont wanna make what ever it is a injury) done triceps and all seemed good. tonight the pain seems to still be there but not that bad so not worrying i think im just gonna lay off the flys

·
Ex-mod
4,744 Posts
Hi buddy, fantastic improvements in just five months mate, I'd hardly call that sort of progress you not being serious. :thumb:

Your shoulder niggle sounds like it could be a rotator cuff problem - look up rotator cuff exercises but I recommend similar to 2. here - http://www.bodyresults.com/e2rotatorCuff.asp, though I just do them both arms at the same time and stood up. two or three easy sets each shoulder workout should help strengthen them up in no time.

·
Gym Addict
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
defdaz said:
Hi buddy, fantastic improvements in just five months mate, I'd hardly call that sort of progress you not being serious. :thumb:

Your shoulder niggle sounds like it could be a rotator cuff problem - look up rotator cuff exercises but I recommend similar to 2. here - http://www.bodyresults.com/e2rotatorCuff.asp, though I just do them both arms at the same time and stood up. two or three easy sets each shoulder workout should help strengthen them up in no time.
thanks man its great to hear . yeah i did think it might be the rotator cuff but i was hoping it wasnt .thanks for the link ,im gonna lay off the cable flyes and do the excercis you suggested do i throw it in on soulders day for doesnt it matter?

·
Gym Addict
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
today was a day full of compliments . a few people were saying how much bigger i looked **** felt good and inspired me to do more and motivated me. made my oats with water for the first time and it came out a putrid bowl of oaty mess think im gonna stick to milk from now on. gym tomorow pull day should be a goodun although my training partner aint going (working) so it kinda works out alright as i shouldnt be needing a spotter :)

·
Gym Addict
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
had a bad bad day today started off being woken up with a phone call and going straight to the gym. wasnt in the right mood for it but persevered .my friend gave me a wrong dumbell and i didnt check (my fault) so i was lifting 35 and 37.5 done this for 8 reps went to do it again failed at 4 thought WTF looked and realised what i had done tried with another 35 but was absolutely fcuked so couldnt get many out . this ****ed me off and weighed on my mind for the rest of the session . had a protein shake but it had lumps from where i didnt shake it enough . my cars started playing up (immobiliser takes effort to turn off) and the central locking is linked to it so i have to climb around my car locking it . and the airbox fell off today so yeah not a good day one to right off.

·
Gym Addict
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
rest week . ive come to the conclusion i need a week off. a kind of quiet before the storm so my plan is to not train till next monday so all muscle groups get a 2 week rest hope fully i will come back stronger and refreshed . my only problem is i just really wanna get to the gym and get busy but know it will be beneficial to me if i dont . am i right in thinking this

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.