UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ,aged 53,.
Been self medicating trt for years at 150mg test e pw with 2 x 10 week blasts per year of 300mg test 300mg deca. Get bloods done twice year. No issues until last year been suffering with gyno, even after tamoxifen at 20mg day for 3 months it is still present and noticeable,lots extra flab on chest ,no pain or tenderness, Dr confirmed drug induced gyno.
My recent bloods showed everything to be in range apart from serum free t4.
Serum t4 ..10. ( Lower nhsRange is 12 .)
Test on day before weekly Injection(trough) is 21.9.
E2 is 26...
Currently taking 0.25 adex twice week and 20mg tamoxifen daily.
I may switch to 60mg raloxifene as a last resort for gyno as I'm not stopping trt.
Regarding serum t4(borderline underactive thyroid)..do i need thyroxine at whatever dose ?
Or anything natural I can try?
TIA

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just take some T4 mate — it's one of the most prescribed drugs in the world, so when you have something that's safe and effective, no need to faff about with natural alternatives, supplements, etc.
Thyroid did more for my energy levels, sex drive, mood, and cognition than testosterone ever did, and my labs weren't even out of range when I started it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Estradiol and prolactin are the main drivers of gyno, both of which are increased in subclinical hypothyroidism, so treating the low fT4 may help somewhat in that regard too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts