UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On a deficit, kinda harsh 2.2 cals, high protein, mod carb, mod fat, lost 2.5kg in 4-5 days, and lost like 1 rep on my squat and felt weaker, and 2 reps on my incline bench (3rd set), am I loosing muscle or is it lack of strength and power due to the lower cal intake? 490 tren a per week w 200mg test prop per week(both rohm labs) im also 180cm, 88.80kg from 90.10kg and id estimate 14% bf as my stomach is getting flatter and you can see a 6 pack in lighting, basically have muscle definition and cuts on all muscles, but defo not lower than 14% imo

·
Getting HUGE!
2,938 Posts
You have lost roughly 1lb a day for 5 days and wonder why your performance is suffering. Why such a harsh drop in calories? Nearly half a gram of tren and your 13 and a half stone. Fcuk me.

·
Not a Newbie Trainer
1,472 Posts
On a deficit, kinda harsh 2.2 cals, high protein, mod carb, mod fat, lost 2.5kg in 4-5 days, and lost like 1 rep on my squat and felt weaker, and 2 reps on my incline bench (3rd set), am I loosing muscle or is it lack of strength and power due to the lower cal intake? 490 tren a per week w 200mg test prop per week(both rohm labs) im also 180cm, 88.80kg from 90.10kg and id estimate 14% bf as my stomach is getting flatter and you can see a 6 pack in lighting, basically have muscle definition and cuts on all muscles, but defo not lower than 14% imo
Not really enough info for a decent answer buddy. What’s standing out though is your macros. By high protein, what do you mean.? Excessive or just enough.? I’d keep protein to no more than 1g per pound and use all the saved cals for carbs and fats. Plus, I’d get plenty of carbs in leading up to training.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not really enough info for a decent answer buddy. What’s standing out though is your macros. By high protein, what do you mean.? Excessive or just enough.? I’d keep protein to no more than 1g per pound and use all the saved cals for carbs and fats. Plus, I’d get plenty of carbs in leading up to training.
like 210-220g of protein a day, get my fats from almonds and salmon, and carbs from brown rice and bananas, I had 60 grams of carbs pre workout, is that not enough, honestly didnt feel enough for me, my squat felt weaker today maybe because my legs might have still been slighty sore and could have used one more rest day

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
yea 2200, i thought thats normal ?
2200kcal per day deficit is a huge deficit and probably counter productive in anything other than very short term. What are you going to do in a week or so when your body/metabolism adapts to such a low intake?

And yeah drop in performance is likely cause your glycogen/energy stores are low. It's all well and good having the muscle to drive the weight but if they haven't got the fuel they won't be able to work at full capacity.

Goto a more reasonable deficit of 500-750kcal and you will still strip fat at a reasonable rate and if trainings right might even add a little muscle too considering you have tren!

·
Not a Newbie Trainer
1,472 Posts
yea 2200, i thought thats normal ?
That may be normal if you were morbidity obese buddy. For an aggressive cut I’d start at 600 but that could be tweaked up/down depending on you. Holding LBM is what’s important here. Too low cals you could be burning away muscle, you could even burn no fat at all..!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That may be normal if you were morbidity obese buddy. For an aggressive cut I’d start at 600 but that could be tweaked up/down depending on you. Holding LBM is what’s important here. Too low cals you could be burning away muscle, you could even burn no fat at all..!
im defo getting leaner thats for sure , should i bump up my cals to 2500-3000 ? its just coz i read on forums of people cutting on 1500-1800 a day and still gaining "strength" as they say

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
my
2200kcal per day deficit is a huge deficit and probably counter productive in anything other than very short term. What are you going to do in a week or so when your body/metabolism adapts to such a low intake?

And yeah drop in performance is likely cause your glycogen/energy stores are low. It's all well and good having the muscle to drive the weight but if they haven't got the fuel they won't be able to work at full capacity.

Goto a more reasonable deficit of 500-750kcal and you will still strip fat at a reasonable rate and if trainings right might even add a little muscle too considering you have tren!
my tdee is roughly 3.2k, but i also work and am on my feet for 8 hours a day, its because you see these mens physique prepping for shows on 1700-1800 and they dont seem to lose muscle, i also do fasted cardio like incline walk or after my training 3x a week for around 30-45 mins, i figured as long as my protein is high 220g a day i wont lose muscle, i also heard carlton loth say if u dont feel yourself starve or suffer then ur not burning fat and if u look at him hisbphysique speaks for itself

1 - 20 of 37 Posts