UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Pain is weakness leaving the body
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seem to be suffering from a lack of motivation to go to the gym atm. I had a great week last week and was really up for it but after the weekend (working) i just can't seem to motivate myself. i couldn't go monday or tuesday, but i did go yesterday for to be honest a dog shiit set and i keep putting off today. My diet has taken i fall as well, now i can't seem to get back on the wagon.

Does anyone else get this from time to time? If so, how do you deal with it?

(sorry if this is in the wrong section)

·
"Each workout is like a brick in a building,every
8,318 Posts
Ask yourself do ypu want to look llike this

BeerBelly1.jpg

or this

Fotolia_huge-bodybuilders.jpg

Everybody has bad weeks mate,just need to get ya ass in the gym & give it your all

·
Premium Member
12,895 Posts
green19210 said:
I seem to be suffering from a lack of motivation to go to the gym atm. I had a great week last week and was really up for it but after the weekend (working) i just can't seem to motivate myself. i couldn't go monday or tuesday, but i did go yesterday for to be honest a dog shiit set and i keep putting off today. My diet has taken i fall as well, now i can't seem to get back on the wagon.

Does anyone else get this from time to time? If so, how do you deal with it?

(sorry if this is in the wrong section)
I get waves of lacking motivation and still have no simple cure, but lately, the way that I've shaken myself out of it has started with diet; getting extra healthy (with no booze...my worst enemy when it comes to motivation)...this seems to set the tone for getting into shape.

If I can't be ****d with a big workout I do at least some form of workout to get me into the swing of it. Another, perhaps obvious thing, is to ensure a good nights sleep :)

I've come to realise that I am most motivated when I feel on top of things; work, relationships, diet etc and so try to ensure that those things are in place.

·
Premium Member
17,863 Posts
Agree with the above, if you want to look your best then get your sorry a$$ to the gym and bang out some pb's without fail.

Do you keep a log of your workouts??

I might just be sad but since keeping a log, imreally eager to get in everyweek to beat it and get new pb's.......

·
5% off myprotein MP269006
2,421 Posts
We all get our days and weeks where we feel like crap dont feel like were getting anywhere

Are you getting enough sleep so you dont feel down / have no motivation?

Logging onto UK - M daily helps with my motivation :thumbup1:

Also, start a journal on here if you can?

Stick with it mate, dont give up!

Check this video out >

Now get training and eating :)

·
Pain is weakness leaving the body
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys, well I'm on my way home from the gym, after I forced myself to go and I broke my sqaut and deadlift PB's lol! So motivation has flown up!

Squat: 150kg for 6 reps (unassisted no belt etc)

Deadlift: 180kg for 6 reps (unassisted no nelt etc)

I'm 90kg just for the recored

·
"Each workout is like a brick in a building,every
8,318 Posts
green19210 said:
Thanks guys, well I'm on my way home from the gym, after I forced myself to go and I broke my sqaut and deadlift PB's lol! So motivation has flown up!

Squat: 150kg for 6 reps (unassisted no belt etc)

Deadlift: 180kg for 6 reps (unassisted no nelt etc)

I'm 90kg just for the recored
Nice lifting mate :thumbup1:

Well worth the effort wasn't it :thumb:

·
Getting HUGE!
1,643 Posts
Looks like u might need to see where you fit on the cycle of change model, we all go through lapses in motivation.

Have a butchers at the diagram and figure out where you are, then just google it for online tips and suggestions to assist where you are in regards to your motivation.

post-1502-143614201137_thumb.gif

Attachments

G

·
Exercise should be part of living condition of every human being man... loosing motivation, just change the routine, do less but more compounds just for half hour 3 times a week so you don't feel like a floppy co*k or even go for a jog.

·
Gym Addict
168 Posts
I'm feeling a bit unmotivated today - was going to do a bike ride but only got 2 hours sleep last night so I'm not really feeling it. I never miss a weights session though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.