UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Newbie Trainer
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm fairly new to strength training and have come back into weights training after a long time off due to a rib injury. I have been looking over Rippitoe's and Bill Starr's routines but I was wondering if there were any other tried and tested routines that were more suited to someone with less substantial legs which need less volume and consistency throughout the week. I want to keep an even balance on the muscles groups my legs are not my forte naturally unlike my upper body. Anyone want to share the torch of knowledge?

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Your legs aren't your forte, yet you want to avoid squatting 3 times a week?

If you have less substantial legs then surely it'll be more advantageous for you to squat 3 times a week.

I'd suggest Wendlers 5-3-1 or Hepburn. But I'd say you'd get more out of both programs if you've done Rip or Starr's routines first.

What's your current weight and stats for the big 3 lifts?

·
Looking Freaky
720 Posts
If i were you i would keep it simple, choose a basic progressive overload type routine such as the ones you mentioned in OP.

Eat plenty, get as much rest as you can, train consistently increasing weight/reps on exercises each week = big gains.

There is no magic routine, it comes down to being consistent and training hard week in/week out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.