UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Newbie Trainer
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I'm kinda fed up and coming to the experts cap in hand for advice on what I should be doing.

I'm currently 35 years old, 5'9" tall, 12 stone, with about 22% bf

Chest 40"

Bicep 13"

Waist 36"

Thigh 22"

Calf 14"

Neck 16"

Forearms 11"

Shoulders 46"

Hips 35"

wrist 6.5"

I've not been looking after myself for several years now and it was only about 4 months ago when planning a holiday for the end of August, I took a long hard look at the state I'd got myself in and didn't like what I saw! From that point onwards I have been religiously in the gym, doing weights Mon, Wed, Fri and in the past three weeks introducing four days a week of Cardio (20 mins steady state followed by 20 mins of HIIT)

My diet was fairly lo-carb and tweaked over time

8am = 3 x scrambled eggs with Worcestershire sauce on 1 x slice of wholegrain toast

11am = whey protein shake with a selection of nuts and mixed berries

2pm = tuna salad with cous cous

3pm = Weights session

4pm = PWO whey protein shake

5pm = Chicken/Turkey/Salmon brown rice and vegetables

8pm = Chicken/Turkey with broccoli, cauliflower and a little gravy

11pm = Cottage cheese

For the last couple of weeks however I have been dropping some of those carbs, like the toast and cous cous and introducing more fats, like avocado, peanut butter, olive oil and have been reading up on various no carb diets, such as Dave Palumbo's keto diet which I was about to throw myself into, until I had a "What the ****" moment. I'm going on holiday in ten days and realistically maintaining such a carefully balanced diet whilst away from home could be an impossible mission, ultimately doing more harm than good.

So that's where I am right now. Slightly confused, slightly fed up and unsure what to do next; increase cardio, drop cardio, bring carbs back, drop them completely?

The bottom line is that I'm a million miles from where I want to be right now. I still have a gut that I'm embarrassed off and far too much body fat and with 10 days to go, there's no way I'm going to get what I want. That being said I have made a small amount of progress and I don't want to undo the good I have done. I also appreciate, this is a plan for life. I want this to be a turning point and the start of a new body.

So what do the experts advise a poor noob like me?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.