UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
5.7/220 pounds, on the juice and ****ed off.
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since i started bodybuilding and i think i always have to choose between looking the way i want, or feeling good.

Since i am not a hardgainer and i pack on fats weight very easy and my lovely genetics doesn't let me lose them without massive efforts, i have to always maintain a decent diet, cheating is 1 meal a week "and not any cheating still no sugars or oiled stuff" or i am screwed and that depress the hell out of me, you know u don't feel good when u are dieting, add to that i work as a web developer and i use my brain for living, clearly low sugars "glycosen" is fockin my mental abilities and i don't work full capacity like when i was fat fock eating choclate bars while working.

Also for example when i was bloated i didn't feel most of my injuries and my joints were doin fantastic, when i'm holding myself from gettin bloated "like when using decent AI on cycle" most of my joints start moaning within few weeks.

Is bodybuilding a choice between looking good and feeling good ?! :confused1:

·
Cutting properly this time 1lb a week until I am h
634 Posts
Mikazagreat said:
Since i started bodybuilding and i think i always have to choose between looking the way i want, or feeling good.

Since i am not a hardgainer and i pack on fats weight very easy and my lovely genetics doesn't let me lose them without massive efforts, i have to always maintain a decent diet, cheating is 1 meal a week "and not any cheating still no sugars or oiled stuff" or i am screwed and that depress the hell out of me, you know u don't feel good when u are dieting, add to that i work as a web developer and i use my brain for living, clearly low sugars "glycosen" is fockin my mental abilities and i don't work full capacity like when i was fat fock eating choclate bars while working.

Also for example when i was bloated i didn't feel most of my injuries and my joints were doin fantastic, when i'm holding myself from gettin bloated "like when using decent AI on cycle" most of my joints start moaning within few weeks.

Your post just made me realise that I was at my lowest ever point when cutting. I didn't make the link at first but maybe the lack of carbs was having much more effect on me than I realised. I've been a lot happier since having carbs again but I am cutting back now so I'll see how it develops.

·
Getting HUGE!
2,450 Posts
No point in training if you don't feel good about yourself IMO.

I.E, getting fat or chubby.

If you don't mind carrying an spare Michelin around with you then props, yeah you can always cut but that takes time, time spent that could be used to grow if you can be a little bit more strict with your diet and cardio efforts.

I know what you mean about bloat too mate, horrible feeling!

·
Little Lion
12,516 Posts
TBH mate.... its always a compromise unless you are one of the very few genetically blessed mesomorphs in the world.

I'm not quite as endomorphic as you describe..... but I do have to watch my diet all year round. I gain muscle really easy compared to most ppl so if I get a little bit slack on the protein intake I dont suffer too bad, but I DO have to be VERY careful about fat gain constantly or I end up feeling and looking like shit.

Opposite end of the spectrum are the ectomorphs... you and I would envy them for their ability to stay lean all year round and eat as much crap as they like when we are craving such things.... but all it takes is for them to have a cold, or a weekend of going out drinking or whatever and neglecting/not being able to keep up their protein intake and they will drop a substantial amount of (for them) very hard earned muscle.

I reckon its one of these things where you are either a glass is half empty, or glass is half full person. No matter what your genetics there are pro's and cons.... there are guys reading this right now, looking at your avvy and wishing to GOD they had the ability to build as much muscle as you have.

Me.... I get pissed off at times about the fact I essentially have to diet all year round..... but try to remember the positives. I'm a lazy trainer yet grow well regardless.

From our genetics point of view.... we have the benefit of drugs like T3/T4, clen, eph etc to help us along as well..... :thumbup1:

·
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Heineken said:
No point in training if you don't feel good about yourself IMO.

I.E, getting fat or chubby.

If you don't mind carrying an spare Michelin around with you then props, yeah you can always cut but that takes time, time spent that could be used to grow if you can be a little bit more strict with your diet and cardio efforts.

I know what you mean about bloat too mate, horrible feeling!
It's not feeliing good about myself i mean feeling good physically, and it's no discussion if i can let myself go back where i came from.

Zara-Leoni said:
TBH mate.... its always a compromise unless you are one of the very few genetically blessed mesomorphs in the world.

I'm not quite as endomorphic as you describe..... but I do have to watch my diet all year round. I gain muscle really easy compared to most ppl so if I get a little bit slack on the protein intake I dont suffer too bad, but I DO have to be VERY careful about fat gain constantly or I end up feeling and looking like shit.

Opposite end of the spectrum are the ectomorphs... you and I would envy them for their ability to stay lean all year round and eat as much crap as they like when we are craving such things.... but all it takes is for them to have a cold, or a weekend of going out drinking or whatever and neglecting/not being able to keep up their protein intake and they will drop a substantial amount of (for them) very hard earned muscle.

I reckon its one of these things where you are either a glass is half empty, or glass is half full person. No matter what your genetics there are pro's and cons.... there are guys reading this right now, looking at your avvy and wishing to GOD they had the ability to build as much muscle as you have.

Me.... I get pissed off at times about the fact I essentially have to diet all year round..... but try to remember the positives. I'm a lazy trainer yet grow well regardless.

From our genetics point of view.... we have the benefit of drugs like T3/T4, clen, eph etc to help us along as well..... :thumbup1:
Yeah those mesomorph lucky fockers :lol:

And thx for the motivating words :beer:

·
Premium Member
10,733 Posts
I think bodybuilding is a strange sport in many ways... although it's an obsession with 'looking good', or one particular idea of what looking good means, it is often not a healthy sport.

Just because the human body can get super big and muscular, that doesn't mean it's designed to be like that or that it's particularly healthy, and also to get there you have to be very extreme in how you treat your body... unbalanced diets, extreme physical demands almost every day, often use of AAS or PEDs which give totally unnatural hormonals levels and affect many other systems... put all these things together and consistently for a long time and they sure can take a psychological toll on you, as well as increase the risk of physical burn out.

I think to be a top bodybuilder you have to absolutely love the lifestyle and the reward or these things will catch up with you. Is something that I definitely don't feel, and is why just a few years after deciding I wanted to bodybuild and at least do one show i decided to change my ambitions, forget being a 'bodybuilder', and instead train for mixed goals of fitness, health, strength, and just do some bodybuilding focused training now and again... and am now enjoying my training so much more than ever before. I don't normally give up one a personal goal like that once I've set one, but in this case I realised that dedicating my whole lifestyle for years to how I looked (and often doing things I didn't enjoy) and then competing based on that just wasn't me, and was never going to lead to happiness.

·
ALPHABIX for breakfast every day.
3,746 Posts
Depends how much you want to bodybuild

to most people looking good is feeling good.

You just have to work to get there, and its a long uphill road.

·
Cutting properly this time 1lb a week until I am h
634 Posts
Zara-Leoni said:

Having read this post I read up on the three body types. I am definitively an endomorph as I fit everything apart from the fact I have big hands and feet. It has helped me understand my body more and exactly why I have skinny forearms and calfs compared to the rest of my body. Looks like I will have to be very strict in diet if I want to look great.

My gym partner is a mesomorph for sure. He even has the defined cheek bones and heavy jaw. He'd be a great bodybuilder if he ever decided to take it serious but just looking good whilst eating and drinking what he likes is good enough for him. I used to wonder if he was putting more effort in the gym than me but turns out he's just genetically gifted.

·
Rising from the ashes
8,231 Posts
Mikazagreat said:
I think to some degree, very possibly. But it depends to what extent you are in to bodybuilding.

I find there is a golden period prob just after a show for me, where I am still very lean, but also full and watery, and that is the ideal for me personally. Head works right, feel good, but not bloated, fat or lethargic. For various reasons I haven't been able to hold on to this long so far each time, but hopefully I will next time.

But the process of getting there, I def feel like sh1t - not too hard to maintain very good levels of lean-ness, once you are there though, only a little discipline required...

·
3,635 Posts
mater im very like you, im still leaner and bigger than the AVERAGE bloke but yet even in summer dont take my top of. i dont go out drinking as it messes my apitite and i drop weight super fast when drinking.

so i feel i hardly see friends, feel bad i dont get to take my gf out as much ( although lucky she is a trainer too with me so 100% supportive ).

however i may be different as i see the lifestyle i lead temp.

i may get flammed and negged to hell for this but, i use gear , train hard, and keep ,my diet in check but for me this is a means to and end . when i get to a point i am happy... probly 16-17st 12-13% bf ( im 5'11 so not that big ) i will slow down, ill not go wild but will go out more , maybe 1 a week weather it be for a meal or drink binge lol, use gear alot less but still train full intensity. i think its a sacrafice untill im there

·
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
warren_1987 said:
mater im very like you, im still leaner and bigger than the AVERAGE bloke but yet even in summer dont take my top of. i dont go out drinking as it messes my apitite and i drop weight super fast when drinking.

so i feel i hardly see friends, feel bad i dont get to take my gf out as much ( although lucky she is a trainer too with me so 100% supportive ).

however i may be different as i see the lifestyle i lead temp.

i may get flammed and negged to hell for this but, i use gear , train hard, and keep ,my diet in check but for me this is a means to and end . when i get to a point i am happy... probly 16-17st 12-13% bf ( im 5'11 so not that big ) i will slow down, ill not go wild but will go out more , maybe 1 a week weather it be for a meal or drink binge lol, use gear alot less but still train full intensity. i think its a sacrafice untill im there
Sorry mate, but this is the Bull$hit i hear around the gym from 18 years old pencil necks, u think u can maintain what u have done while u not doin the same? i don't look the same if my diet not in check for few weeks, maybe u will be a bit more lucky but sorry dissapoint u there is no suck a thing as maintain what u have done in few years while doin what u like.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.