UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Gym Addict
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i think generaly most people train each bodypart once a week some twice a week,ive seen a few guys on this mention even longer rest periods 10 days and so forth can you still gain decent size with long rest periods or is it 2 steps forward 1 step back

·
EFBB Winner
3,382 Posts
when training for max output i would never be able to do heavy work more than once every 10-14 days.

i would have an 'active' recovery session a week later (going thru the motion) but it wouldnt really be lifting much, jsut excercises.

·
Banned
716 Posts
all depends on the type of training, usually i train each part once a week on the same day, so 6 days reat between, but at the min im doing a upper/lower split, upper mon/thur, lower tue/fri,

i find the upper easy, but no way could i cain legs tues and be ready to do them again fri! so my fri sessions are lighter with high reps

·
King of the beta's
1,755 Posts
pieball said:
i think generaly most people train each bodypart once a week some twice a week,ive seen a few guys on this mention even longer rest periods 10 days and so forth can you still gain decent size with long rest periods or is it 2 steps forward 1 step back
these people absolutely murder their muscles thus recovery and growth takes longer. Your body wont atrophy for a while providing it is being fed.

·
Premium Member
10,733 Posts
Recovery time is always traded off against how much you break down the muscle in your sessions - blast a muscle to bits and although the growth response to that session will be over within roughly 48 hours, the degree of inflammation and the adaptations to the CNS will take several days longer.... with an intense but lighter session the muscle breakdown and resulting recovery process will be shorter so you do well to train more frequently.

Both ways work equally well I think if done properly... it's when people train too intensely too often, or not intensely and infrequently that growth and strength gains come at a crawl.

As for which way to choose I think it's down to your gym psychology, time you can actually spend training, any other activities you have to work around, natty or juiced etc... and of course what you enjoy the most and feel most satisfied by, be it getting 50% stimulation x2 per week or getting all 100% of your stimulation just once per week.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.