UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
5,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Parked the bike quickly up on some double yellows before heading into post office. Car in front was a Range Rover. Now in hindsight I most likely parked up too close :rolleyes: , although he was also halfway over onto the yellows as well.

Range Rover has reversed and damaged the wheel arch on front wheel.

Left his business card on the bike so have contact details.

Question is, would I be able to make a claim here as was essentially parking in a non-parking zone.

Thoughts?

·
Test Enth with a few little blue hearts. MP65688
1,498 Posts
Yea you shuld be able to, Its still on the road and it oculd have been a pedestrian so you will have right to make a claim.

Hope you get a good claim, decent of him to leave his card.

·
Mr Universe
8,690 Posts
yes you have a legal standpoint to make a claim, we had an au pair who did something similar (she reversed into another car who was parked illegally) and we got stung through insurance...

·
Is famine-resistant :P
1,052 Posts
I'm an insurance professional.

He's reversed into your parked and unattended vehicle. You have every right to claim against his motor insurance. End of.

It does not matter where you were parked at the time.

He left his card because if he had neglected to leave his details he could have faced prosecution.

I bet he'll be looking to fix it privately though, especially if the damage is quite minor.

Hope this helps!

·
Banned
5,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hobbio said:
I'm an insurance professional.

He's reversed into your parked and unattended vehicle. You have every right to claim against his motor insurance. End of.

It does not matter where you were parked at the time.

He left his card because if he had neglected to leave his details he could have faced prosecution.

I bet he'll be looking to fix it privately though, especially if the damage is quite minor.

Hope this helps!
Very useful indeed.

Not sure if I will get the cosmetic damage sorted, would rather have the money :thumb:

·
1,052 Posts
jassdhali said:
Hobbio, as an insurance professional, is it true a normal insurance policy does not cover an electrical fire in a car??

Sorry to OP for off topic subject ;-)
Nope, unless you have TPO cover.

TPFT and Comp both cover all fires unless you started it deliberately......

·
1,052 Posts
LittleChris said:
Very useful indeed.

Not sure if I will get the cosmetic damage sorted, would rather have the money :thumb:
See what he says mate. If he wants to sort it, get a quote from a dealer to fix it and see if he still wants to pay privately but don't sell yourself short with the damage costs. Get the cash, and then decide whether to fix it yourself with bits from a scrappy or off ebay or even leave it.

If you take the p!ss with the quote though he'll just go through the insurance and that can take a while mate, and cos insurers use official manufacturers new parts it could write your bike off if it's old enough. What do you have?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.