UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Gym Addict
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the end of heavier sets i often help by pushing legs with the hands, would it be more beneficial to do this or use a lighter weight that i can get the full amount of reps with without the added help?

·
A little bit of pain doesn't hurt
502 Posts
The way to train is to lift the weights with good form each and every time, progress with the amount or reps you do with a given weight each time, or to add weight each time. If you cheat, how do you know your gaining. So yes, lower the weight and build up, eitherwise whats the point.

·
Newbie Trainer
88 Posts
ed220 said:
The way to train is to lift the weights with good form each and every time, progress with the amount or reps you do with a given weight each time, or to add weight each time. If you cheat, how do you know your gaining. So yes, lower the weight and build up, eitherwise whats the point.
or what i do sometimes is just note down in my book '### x 8 + 2cheat' atleast then i know exactly how much i have done. i find it great to cheat from time to time just to get that extra rep out.

but it all depends on what you are aiming at if you are trying to hit a specific number of reps, for example 10 reps, those 10 reps should be 10 clean reps

·
A little bit of pain doesn't hurt
502 Posts
brockles said:
But with heavier weight on something such as the leg press there is greater tension on the muscle which surely will respond in a positive manner?
If your pushing with your hands your not putting all the tension on your thighs which is defying the point.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.