UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
9,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right im offskies england is boring me, costa blanca spain is where im off to...

Whats the best way to start to learn another language? Has anyone else self taught? Linguaphone etc?

Cheers

·
The Devil told me to do it
382 Posts
Micheal Thomas's audio cd's are pretty good. I got the spanish one. i cant say i'm fluent but i can just about ask where the nearest bus stop, deli and train station is.

·
Looking Freaky
793 Posts
Lucky you I love Spain, I've lived in Germany for the past 18 month for work and I found the best way to learn is by interacting with the locals. also I wrote words down (in German) on post-it notes like door, toilet, fridge etc then put them on the relative items in my house, then I got to recognise the words.

·
Premium Member
1,511 Posts
speak to many people as you can in person. Best way for sure as your mind forms relationships with scenarios and your brain interconnects works, *insert clever stuff here* and it's just a lot better :)

·
5,257 Posts
My girlfriend is polish,ive been trying to learn the language for about 4 years. I am surrounded by poles at work and I watch polish tv 90% of the time. I still cant have a full blown conversation but I can understand what they are saying. Its not as easy as you think trying to teach yourself. I would definitely recommend taking some classes. Ive got rossetta stone and cds but they only work up to a point. You need real life situations. One of the best things you can do is learn to read the language you want to speak. Some people just click with languages others dont. You have to be dedicated and have a good memory to succeed. My daughter speaks Polish and English but her main language is Polish, shes only 3 and makes me look dense.

·
in a quest to grow and attain abs together
3,851 Posts
see tbh mate you dont need to learn spanish, its costa blanca its proper touristy so the majority speak english anyway! except for the local spanish of course but youd be best just learning the basics, "wheres the gym" "wheres the pub" "wheres the p1sser" :thumb:

·
Banned
9,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah your right ryan you don't really need to learn and can get away with it... But its hard to shag the spanish birds when you cant speak the language, and knowing the language benefits you in other ways too ha

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.