UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Shaping up ...
Joined
·
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm pretty good with computers and heard of a new fake anti-virus Trojan going around,today it tried to strike, but I was ready, some friends have also been attacked by it, and it's just flowing on the web. Messes up your whole operating system, cannot open programs, files etc, and messes up your net settings such as the proxy sections.

Some may have already heard about it, had it and got rid, but for those who haven't, thought I'd share the fix.

Been searching the net for a summary instead of me typing, I have found a good page and here it is, contains info on it and the fixes, so maybe worth a download only a few MB:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-antivir-solution-pro

Sub this just incase.

Chel
 

·
Beware when natural selection lets loose a thinker
Joined
·
1,796 Posts
I had one yesterday, everytime I tried to open something such as a program or internet explorer it came up with a box instead saying that I needed to download virus protection. It wouldn't even let me open system restore, grr.

I solved it by spamming the cpu with requests to open up spybot to divert the virus and while it was busy putting messages up for that I opened system restore and restored to a previous setting. It felt so satisfying finding a bug in there viruses design, haha!
 

·
Shaping up ...
Joined
·
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BlitzAcez said:
I had one yesterday, everytime I tried to open something such as a program or internet explorer it came up with a box instead saying that I needed to download virus protection. It wouldn't even let me open system restore, grr.

I solved it by spamming the cpu with requests to open up spybot to divert the virus and while it was busy putting messages up for that I opened system restore and restored to a previous setting. It felt so satisfying finding a bug in there viruses design, haha!
Haha similar to how i did it, I had rootkill (rkill on desktop already) good thing to download, just run it if a virus comes, clears the malware then scan and remove it, them things can seriously **** things up!
 

·
Beware when natural selection lets loose a thinker
Joined
·
1,796 Posts
chelios said:
Haha similar to how i did it, I had rootkill (rkill on desktop already) good thing to download, just run it if a virus comes, clears the malware then scan and remove it, them things can seriously **** things up!
Yeah I hate viruses, why the hell would you create one the sick bastards.

It's probably the virus companys that make most of them so they can sell there virus protection. :lol:

I now have most data on partitioned disks etc and have windows on its own so that I can just to a quick wipe and install and everything is there if I get a really evil virus that just won't leave.

I "heard" about this virus that you can get that overheats people's cpu's at night, which then catch fire and burn people's houses down. :eek:mg:
 

·
Shaping up ...
Joined
·
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BlitzAcez said:
Yeah I hate viruses, why the hell would you create one the sick bastards.

It's probably the virus companys that make most of them so they can sell there virus protection. :lol:

I now have most data on partitioned disks etc and have windows on its own so that I can just to a quick wipe and install and everything is there if I get a really evil virus that just won't leave.

I "heard" about this virus that you can get that overheats people's cpu's at night, which then catch fire and burn people's houses down. :eek:mg:
LMAO haha burn houses down.

Norton got caught about 6 years ago" creating a trojan" of course it will sell their programs, knowing viruses are about.

Defo download that rootkill everyone, saves system restoring and destruction in future, at 1mb it's priceless.
 

·
Test Enth with a few little blue hearts. MP65688
Joined
·
1,498 Posts
Actually i had that worm, i have to admit, its a pretty bad ass virus.

I've had a few in my times (more so in my "geekier" days), removed it manually several times, it also prevented me accessing safemode at one point...

Going to have to format in the next week or so, but i use this set up to remove any spyware etc.

Spybot search destroy;

Avast anti virus;

Trojan remover;

Windows defender (usually a lot of bollocks, but does find the odd one);

use to use adaware but don't like the new version.

Completley forgot about that malware bytes, a good anti spyware.
 

·
Test Enth with a few little blue hearts. MP65688
Joined
·
1,498 Posts
BlitzAcez said:
I had one yesterday, everytime I tried to open something such as a program or internet explorer it came up with a box instead saying that I needed to download virus protection. It wouldn't even let me open system restore, grr.

I solved it by spamming the cpu with requests to open up spybot to divert the virus and while it was busy putting messages up for that I opened system restore and restored to a previous setting. It felt so satisfying finding a bug in there viruses design, haha!
Be careful with system restore, most virsues/trojans hide themselves in their. Backup any personal data or important stuff on a seperate hard drive/cd and if infected, usually best bet is to delete the system restore.
 

·
Beware when natural selection lets loose a thinker
Joined
·
1,796 Posts
zelobinksy said:
Be careful with system restore, most virsues/trojans hide themselves in their. Backup any personal data or important stuff on a seperate hard drive/cd and if infected, usually best bet is to delete the system restore.
Without system restore I wouldn't have that quick fix and I would have to do it manually. It's a god send in most cases.

If one wants to attach to it or anything else, it can as long as it doesn't stop me doing everything I want. You can learn to life with virus.

Stop being virusist. :lol:
 

·
Shaping up ...
Joined
·
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
BlitzAcez said:
Safe link to it? :)
Here you go mate:

http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/grinler/rkill.com

If you get the virus, keep running that, then once you can open programs run your anti-virus program and remove the virus. Saves system restoring and ****. Then you can use the initial link posted in my first post to get round any other problems if they occur.
 

·
Beware when natural selection lets loose a thinker
Joined
·
1,796 Posts
chelios said:
Here you go mate:

http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/grinler/rkill.com

If you get the virus, keep running that, then once you can open programs run your anti-virus program and remove the virus. Saves system restoring and ****. Then you can use the initial link posted in my first post to get round any other problems if they occur.
ty ty

how does this work, just seems to create a log file?
 

·
Downloading Expert
Joined
·
536 Posts
Barker said:
This isn't new, my nana had it probably almost a year ago now

Download Malwarebytes and Super Anti Spyware, sorts it right out.
PM me your email and I will send you Malwarebytes antimalware, includes a keygen, so its available upon request! less than 10 meg (6meg)

Currently running on my PC,

Sorry if this breaks any rules I am just trying to help out against those scumbags who sit at their computers all day creating viruses!!
 

·
Shaping up ...
Joined
·
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
BlitzAcez said:
ty ty

how does this work, just seems to create a log file?
It is a log file, basically if you do get the trojan, you open this log (the trojan blocks you from opening anything else) just keep opening it untill it stays open (eventually it will) then it will run and a readme file will open automatically in notepad saying the process was succssful, straight after (don't restart computer yet) that run a full virus scan using AVG, avast, whatever program you use and it will find the bug, once it has delete it and then restart and it will be gone.

Hope that helps!

Chel
 

·
Junior Member
Joined
·
1,797 Posts
I had this virus a few weeks ago on my laptop, it was so bad that I thought, fck it im reformatting my laptop completley, good thing I didnt really need any of the files on my laptop as college had finished and im going uni now, was such an annoying virus!
 

·
Shaping up ...
Joined
·
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Merat said:
I had this virus a few weeks ago on my laptop, it was so bad that I thought, fck it im reformatting my laptop completley, good thing I didnt really need any of the files on my laptop as college had finished and im going uni now, was such an annoying virus!
It is a really annoying thing, few people I know did the same thing, because the way it gets to the system.
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top