UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Dedicated!
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening everyone

Just after a bit of advice really

I've seen / read / heard so many different opinions on this, would just like to see what you guys do

When doing lat pulldowns:

What angle should I be at?

Where is it most effective to pull the bar to? i.e behind head / chest etc

Cheers :D

·
Newbie Trainer
94 Posts
I arch my back kind of accentuating the natural curve so i'm sticking my chest out...

I'm slightly declined from a completely upright position and I pull to my chest without moving my torso also on the way up I stretch out as much as possible..

I'm not sure if that's even the right way but I definately feel it

·
Dieting :(
2,821 Posts
I always go to the upper chest. I probably shouldn't but I do sometimes lean back a little, but don't go too far. Make sure you get a good stretch on your lats at the top, and a nice contraction, pulling your shoulder blades together, at the bottom.

·
Life's a blast..........and then a cruise and
749 Posts
I always start with wide grip pulldowns to the back off the neck while I'm still fresh, after I've warmed my sholders up properly. After exhausting my lats with that I then do close grip pulls to the chest with a slightly arched back. That way it's been hit from all angles.

·
EFBB Winner
4,222 Posts
ZAXXXXX said:
I always start with wide grip pulldowns to the back off the neck while I'm still fresh, after I've warmed my sholders up properly. After exhausting my lats with that I then do close grip pulls to the chest with a slightly arched back. That way it's been hit from all angles.
Saves me having to type what i do, just see above.

Full extension on each rep as well, see so many people cheating and letting it go halfway up (if even) then pull it back down, with loads more weight than they can handle and terrible form!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.