UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
UKMEDI.CO.UK
4,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As it tastes so foul I've been mixing it with squash at home, but if I want it straight after the gym can I pre mix it? Or does it need to be drunk straight away once drunk?

·
Gym Addict
215 Posts
Robbie said:
As it tastes so foul I've been mixing it with squash at home, but if I want it straight after the gym can I pre mix it? Or does it need to be drunk straight away once drunk?
You can premix it and consume it PWO - if it's a matter of few hours there will not be any issues in the slightest [in fact even longer] :thumb:

G

·
MaKaVeLi said:
Well I keep one one those blue ice blocks underneath it which keeps it reasonably cool
Doesnt sound like a problem mate or to put it another way i do that 5 days per week with no problems so far:)

·
Gym Addict
215 Posts
MaKaVeLi said:
Sorry to hijack but how long can you store protein in water before it becomes useless? Would it be ok for about 8-9 hours?
More heat dependent in all honesty - although even then you'd be hard pressed in creating an issue. In your case, that time period would be fine like the rest say.

·
Gym Addict
215 Posts
Robbie said:
And like creatine better with sugar?

Is creatine stable in water for a period of time as well?
You dont have to have it with Carbohydrates, but it would not hurt.

Yes it is stable as long as PH and Heat are high and low respectively. There is data to suggest that a low PH solution can degrade Creatine quicker - but you will hear varied opinion on this. With this in mind try and consume it as quickly as possible.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts