UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Gym Addict
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a woman in work who had a diet plan written down that her husband is on, and when I looked at it, it was all eggs, salad, lean meat, cottage cheese, veg, not really any carbs at all, so I kind of just thought it was a keto diet, she said he has lost a stone and a half in 2 weeks, so that sounds about right to me for a keto, but I could be wrong.

Right, she wants to follow it but it says to have grapefruit for breakfast, which she said she can't have with here blood pressure tablets for some reason or another, so would substituting this for an orange or an apple be the same?

Also she doesn't like dairy, cottage cheese, milk etc, so is there anything she can substitute this with?

I said I would look it up for here tonight,

Thanks!

·
Growing old disgracefully
3,788 Posts
Best to post up the entire diet as on the basic summary you've given it looks too protein rich and not enough good fats. You can lose 1.5 stone in 2 weeks from malnutrition so don't go purely by results.

·
Newbie Trainer
16 Posts
Ian_Montrose said:
Best to post up the entire diet as on the basic summary you've given it looks too protein rich and not enough good fats. You can lose 1.5 stone in 2 weeks from malnutrition so don't go purely by results.
that would be the best option..

if you are thinking about keto - then its very simple. 6 high protein moderate fat mealsa day from variety of food sources..... As simple as that....carbs only from low GI fibrous sources...

cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.