UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner

Keto check-up please

1K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Sharp161 
#1 ·
Hey folks,

Ive been doing Keto for almost 3 weeks now and i seem to have hit the wall. I believe i just need to add a bit of cardio to get the ball rolling again but i thought id put up all my info and possibly an friendly expert can tell me if ive made an a**e of it or not :whistling:

My diet and training are a combination of a moddified PScarb diet from the sticky at the top (amazing info btw:thumbup1:) and Lyle Mcdonalds book.

Stats

height-5ft7.5"

weight-11st 12lb (at start of diet 11st 8lb ish now)

so i worked out my maint is 2489 cals

DIET

8:00 3 eggs scrambled with a little butter

11:00 1 scoop whey (PHD pharma) and 50g almonds

13:00 100g chicken stir fryed with 2 table spoons of EVOO plus a small handfull of beansprouts

A large salad (lettuce, other kind PS recomended, cucumber little cabbage) with a dressing of vinigar and 1 table spoon EVOO

17:30 100g chicken stir fryed with 2 table spoons of EVOO plus a small handfull of beansprouts.

50g macadamia nuts.

TRAINING

21:00 PWO 1 scoop whey (PHD pharma)

23:00 100g chicken stir fryed with 2 table spoons of EVOO plus a small handfull of beansprouts.

50g macadamia nuts.

Use a small block of cheese or peperami as a snack.

fat 148.2g est (assuming the chicken absorbs half the EVOO)

protein 154g

carbs 10g

Carb-up starts 12:00 on friday till bed on saturday night.

I tried to follow lyles training plan as best i can but due to a crazy working week with two jobs its a little screwy and cannot change.

Monday - Legs, back and Bi's

Wednesday - Chest, shoulders and tri's

Thursday - Depletion workout

Sunday - light jogging to get keto going again

SUPPS

KR-Evolution creatine

Glucosamine and cissus for dodgy knees

Multi-vit

Diamond labs ECA (one first thing and one with lunch or training)

I have green tea extract but haven't used it, old bottle i had lying around. Might add it in.

Well thats about it i think, thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to read all that as i know its alot and tell me if im doing it right or if there is anyhthing i can change. Going on holiday in two weeks would really like to give it one last push. :beer:

See less See more
#3 ·
dannw said:
I would say your calories are far to high! whats your bodyfat %..

your cal intake should be 10 x (total weight in pounds - body fat %)

so if your body fat is 15% your total cal should be 166lb -25lb giving you total lean mass of 144lb x 10 = 1440 cal per day.

which would be about 110g protein and 100g fat.
Is this a commonly recognised formula?

I've never heard it before?

#6 ·
Rich-B said:
Is this a commonly recognised formula?

I've never heard it before?
Pretty sure mate, I was adviced the following;

weight 205lb, 25%BF gives 154lb body mass.

therefore 154g protein x4= 616 cal.

fat is 2050 - 616 = 1434 calories which is then /9 ti give grams = 160 grams Fat.

giving a total of 1434 + 616 calories.

:thumb:

#8 ·
Heineken said:
I think a lot of people overestimate 'maintenance' calories, so just start making small adjustments week by week and see what happens, drop fat's before anything else :)

When you're getting rid of 1.5/2lbs a week, you have found your sweet spot.
Well quick thanks to all who replied.

Sunday morning is here so end of a weeks cycle and im down exactly 2lb

11:11 down to 11:09

So Yes my cals were too high. I cut my 3 nut portions in half and up'd the whey to compensate for the protein loss, seemed to do the trick.

I really wish i had tried that 3 weeks ago lol.

A well holiday time:beer:

Il pick this up again in a weeks time. :thumb:

#10 ·
The proverbial brick wall?

Is this scale weight or BF% you are using as your measure?

On Keto, I often find my scale weight stagnating, but my BF% reducing.

Are you weighing yourself at exactly the same time each week? As water fluctuations on keto can be fairly extreme.

What do you refeeds look like? 24 or 48 hours? Clean or Dirty? Macro breakdown on refeed?

Don't stir fry with EVOO! EVOO is not a stable fat, and will be totally toxic if you fry with it, use butter, lard, or coconut oil to cook with.

#12 ·
B|GJOE said:
The proverbial brick wall?

Is this scale weight or BF% you are using as your measure?

On Keto, I often find my scale weight stagnating, but my BF% reducing.

Are you weighing yourself at exactly the same time each week? As water fluctuations on keto can be fairly extreme.

What do you refeeds look like? 24 or 48 hours? Clean or Dirty? Macro breakdown on refeed?

Don't stir fry with EVOO! EVOO is not a stable fat, and will be totally toxic if you fry with it, use butter, lard, or coconut oil to cook with.
Scales, and yea same time. Although i see what you mean about the scales i think i look alot better up top anyways. I do have calipers but im still getting the hang of them.

Right to the main point that got me here. The EVOO point what you mean by toxic, you have pretty much rocked my word here :surrender: :surrender: :surrender:

Refeeds are 36 hr, friday 12:00 till saturday bedtime. Il be honest they are dirty as hell. :whistling: I try to keep he fats down but thats where that ends. I know thats the next think i could and try clean up to help but im leaving that as a last resort.

#13 ·
Gilly199 said:
Scales, and yea same time. Although i see what you mean about the scales i think i look alot better up top anyways. I do have calipers but im still getting the hang of them.

Right to the main point that got me here. The EVOO point what you mean by toxic, you have pretty much rocked my word here :surrender: :surrender: :surrender:

Refeeds are 36 hr, friday 12:00 till saturday bedtime. Il be honest they are dirty as hell. :whistling: I try to keep he fats down but thats where that ends. I know thats the next think i could and try clean up to help but im leaving that as a last resort.
when fats become rancid and oxidate, the become full of free radicals, and bad stuff.

When stagnating on keto try any one or all of the following

shorter refeeds (step 1 by the looks of it)

longer periods between meals

do you do a depletion workout before the carb up>

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.