UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Chunk.
2,182 Posts
Was wondering if anyone knows much about these?

I had two of my keloid scars on my chest injected with them in May and again 3 weeks ago.

Its flattened them but left me with collapsed/dented skin and necrosis reaching about 20% outwith the boundaries of the keloid - this is only 3 weeks after my last (2nd) injection.

I wish i'd had a look on the net before hand. All you need to do is type in "kenalog" into google and pretty much every experience documented is a horror story.

It causes skin necrosis, I knew that. But it seems that its almost a miracle if that doesn't happen but the extent of some of these reports from regular folk (theres even a website for "victims" of doctors who have given it out willy nilly) are scaring the sh1t out of me.

Folk are saying that it started months after their treatment and over a year later was still growing, and are left with large, deep indents 3+ inches in diameter from the injection site.

Thats only the superficial sides aswell.

Im literally sh1tting myself as mines is getting worse since the last lot and is more red.

I know this is used for a number of purposes, other than scarring so I was wondering if anyone has any experience with it or knows of someone?

·
Chunk.
2,182 Posts
Fcuk the superficial sides. Look at these reports. Can't pretty much feck you up for life. Seems to be the norm rather than the exception to.

Because it causes skin necrosis I had been looking up sides but this is mental. Scary thing is, both times after the injections I've felt so out of it ive went to bed a couple of hours later. I get night sweats alot since and wake up during the night restless etc.

http://www.askapatient.com/viewrating.asp?drug=14901&name=KENALOG-40

I won't be taking these injections on my scars again.

Advise from anyone in the know would be appreciated. Bottling it now.

·
Chunk.
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Totally forgot about this but about 2 nights ago I woke up after being asleep for around half an hour feeling so restless that I couldn't sit still my and head felt like it was going to explode. It wasn't an anxious restlessness but so agitaed that I didn't get to sleep for another 3 hours. My head felt like it was burning all of yesterday (this was before I had read these non-superficial sides).

Im not a hypochodriac but any means (although I may sound it right now), im an otherwise healthy 25 year old. I have been on a calorie deifict for around a week. At 5'8" 12.5 stone, Ive been having 1700 cals while training every 3 days. Could this have something to do with it? Im not on low carb. They are about 50% of my diet - mainly low GI - Rice, and no sugar at all.

·
Mr Universe
8,690 Posts
Mate sorry to hear about your nightmare journey... is this supposed to cure the keloid scarring? cannot offer anything in the way of knowledge about this mate but if you need an ear pm is always available...

·
Banned
9,878 Posts
PowerHouseMcGru said:
Chicks love scars mate. Why you want them removed/how did you get them?
Chicks don't dig scars mate.. if you look closely i have 2 blade scars not far from my left eye from when i was younger... sometimes if a girl notices this they can be different around me.. unless they know you of course, or like scroats

I wish the scars were not there, they are not bad but if someone sees them it takes away the opinion they may of had

·
Pumping weights and eating steaks
511 Posts
i had the same thing mate, i had keloid scars on my arm, so i got the injections, it turned out terrible, i then came accross something called fraxel laser. its a new method of laser treatment, did miracles for my scars, have a look into it mate, really worth it.

·
Extreme Labs Ambassador
11,577 Posts
The Raptor said:
Chicks don't dig scars mate.. if you look closely i have 2 blade scars not far from my left eye from when i was younger... sometimes if a girl notices this they can be different around me.. unless they know you of course, or like scroats

I wish the scars were not there, they are not bad but if someone sees them it takes away the opinion they may of had
Nice mate, way to make the guy feel better :rolleyes: .

·
Chunk.
2,182 Posts
PowerHouseMcGru said:
Chicks love scars mate. Why you want them removed/how did you get them?
Not these kinds mate. They are raised and red. Got them from an acne breakout when I was 21. They are called keloids, I have about 9. They are a rare type of scars, especially on caucasians. On suseptible on my chest. I have a 4 inch operation wound on my belly from a burst appendix, doesn't bother me a bit. These are different.

·
Chunk.
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Jack92 said:
i had the same thing mate, i had keloid scars on my arm, so i got the injections, it turned out terrible, i then came accross something called fraxel laser. its a new method of laser treatment, did miracles for my scars, have a look into it mate, really worth it.
Will do mate. I have had 3 treated with the Kenalog and they are flattened. Although I have skin indentation and necrosis as a result. I was a little aware of the superficial sides (although not the extremity of them) but its non-superficial sides like malaise and other mental ones aswell as phyiscal ones like hypertension im really worried about at the moment.

·
Chunk.
2,182 Posts
Greyphantom said:
Mate sorry to hear about your nightmare journey... is this supposed to cure the keloid scarring? cannot offer anything in the way of knowledge about this mate but if you need an ear pm is always available...
Cheers dude. :thumbup1:

I know some people on here are clued up on drugs and medical things so hopefully can get some input/peace of mind. The malaise I suffered last night was registered as a common side - hopefully not permanent. Was horrible, felt like my brain was going to explode.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.