UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Wants to have a Poo at Pauls House
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep thats right, just getting back to a stage where i could say that i was looking okay and snap, lifted a small freezer up and my right bicep popped and went floppy. Immediately new what i'd done and sh*t myself. Been to the docs this morning to get reffered as i have private healthcare and am waiting for the call. Was planning on re embarking on the competetive circuit next year , i guess that'll have to wait.

·
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cheers for the well wishes fellas.

Not sure how bad it is am waiting to hear from the consultant as to when they can fit me in, the sooner the better.

I feel that it is the outer head side of the tendon that has ruptured so it seems only partial as i have still quite a bit of mobility.

Still fu***ng hurts though

·
EFBB Winner
3,996 Posts
oh my word....i really feel for you...i know how painful it is!!!

about 6 years ago...i let some girl arm wrestle me with 2 hands on my left,i'm right handed,i let her win cos it was her birthday,but for some reason she didnt stop at table level(bitch,sorry leah)...which was the beginning...then later that day...i helped my gf by being jack the helmet and tryed picking up 7 shopping bags at once with the same arm...then this elastic band thing went...and my arm went all warm and dark coloured,my arm killed...flopped just like yours...i could see the inflamed tendon come right up,but my bi was flopped,no movement!!!!

bro...that must be such a piece of sh*t thing to happen...always kin happens when your just on your way back to a good condition!!!!

i wish you a real speedy and full healthy recovery...take your time...damn,dont test your frustration bro...i guess injuries make us champs,come back more hungrier,careful and better!!!!

i had a good physio...but i guess most of the recovery comes from rest which equals recovery and repair...and ice etc...i guess you know a good diet to aid recovery...my physio did give me ultrasound for a bit then carried on with traditional therapy til i was in a position to start stretching again and perform some rehabilitation movements....be patient bro...you'll get better...get your supps in...vit c,glucosamine etc etc...i know there is a 100 other things i havent mentioned here,but i reckon you know whats what!!!!

i thought i'd show you this in case,but judging by your avatar,i guess your knowledge is quite good!!!

http://www.sportsinjuryclinic.net/cybertherapist/general/ultrasound.html

wish you full health soon as mate!!!

·
Life's a blast..........and then a cruise and
749 Posts
Sorry to hear of you're injury and wish you a speedy recovery. Three months ago my left arm lock up with cramp after a hard days work, it tore the the top outer head of the left bicep off before I could straighten it out with my right arm. Just been to see a surgeon about joining it back together and they said it would take about three months to heal after surgery. That was national health though not private.

·
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cheers again for the supportive comments. I hope to be back to strength for the new year and i will keep you posted on rehab and recovery, as for how and why it happened, well its macho bull**** really. I new i could lift it on my own so i just picked it up without a thought and it snapped my bicep in a flash. The moral is, if you can get someone to help you lift something large, then do so coz this is the price i'm paying.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts