UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so some of you may know I have had a few troubles with the missus (fiance) recently... well we have been seperated for about 6 weeks.

This last weekend we decided to give it a final go, so I thought 'honesty is best' and told her about my AAS use (one cycle, just started second), she basically said I had to choose her or steroids.

I have chosen.... and I have chosen freedom of choice, I didn't take this lightly as we have a house and child together.... but I think I am my own person and who is anyone to tell me what I can and can't do.

Before you say it I tried the whole explaining the legality and dangers of it but she was having none of it.

I think in truth we would have split over something else and it wouldn't have worked but this is definately it now.

·
Banned
4,604 Posts
PompyMan said:
Okay so some of you may know I have had a few troubles with the missus (fiance) recently... well we have been seperated for about 6 weeks.

This last weekend we decided to give it a final go, so I thought 'honesty is best' and told her about my AAS use (one cycle, just started second), she basically said I had to choose her or steroids.

I have chosen.... and I have chosen freedom of choice, I didn't take this lightly as we have a house and child together.... but I think I am my own person and who is anyone to tell me what I can and can't do.

Before you say it I tried the whole explaining the legality and dangers of it but she was having none of it.

I think in truth we would have split over something else and it wouldn't have worked but this is definately it now.
Agree mate, move on and be happy :beer:

·
Sans Peur
3,973 Posts
for me (as harsh as this may sound) any 'its me or .....' always finish up with the other choice.. purely because i dont agree with given that as an ultimatum - if you as a couple meant anything significant to them then they would accept you and what you choose to do regardless (within reason of course lol) so i deffo think you've done the right thing mate.

·
Phoenix Supplements
1,866 Posts
Thats quite sad hun. But you don't own someone in a relationship, they have to be free to make their own choices. Unfortunately your gf wants to make choices for you, you made the right choice for you but it is a shame for your little one.

I wish you all the best and hope that she realizes that she was with you for the person that you are whether she agrees with your choices or not - perhaps she will change her mind when she has chance to get used to the idea. :)

·
Accepts nothing less than victory
681 Posts
To be honest it sounds like you two would have split anyway eventually, her giving you an ultimatum was just the straw that broke the camels back.

Some things we just need to do our own way no matter what.

·
Discomfort is growth
5,970 Posts
If you have to ask that question on here then the relationship was not going anywhere really was it?

If I loved someone and for whatever reason they asked me not to, then it would not even be a thought.

I know what you are saying about freedom, but relationships are about compromise too, you can try to educate her, explain etc, but if she can not live with you injecting stuff into your body then that is her choice I suppose?

As it was so recent, there is always the chance that once things calm down, she maybe more reasonable?

Anger can cloud judgement, (not that I would know :innocent: )

·
Putting the yummy back into the mummy
1,483 Posts
Agree with all of the above, once that question comes up, it's the beginning of the end. Good luck with everything, sure you'll realise in time that it was the best for everyone. Hope you can be amicable though for the little one, me and my son's dad have been apart for over a year (he's 4 now) and we get on fine so it hasn't impacted on him too much.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No body has a right to tell you what to do, some women and men think that once your in a relationship and have kids they have a right over your life (and some your thoughts)

Go for whats in your heart, I'd tell her to do one she may be trying the cow eyes and callin your bluff, some women do this.... personally I think it's a dangerous hand to play as it generally back fires :)

Lin x

·
Looking Freaky
541 Posts
well pompey man ..it not nice when ppl split espcially when u have a kid. but sometime;s its the onlyway.; to stay together for the kids .is not the best if it was not 1thing it would have been other.i was married 25 years and too many of them years was because of my kids..so good luck with future.

·
Looking Freaky
546 Posts
hi pompyman

if i remember you had some probs before (girl A and girl B)

if i remember correct .

i think you have given this one (relationship) a good go

i hope its all gonna be ok with the child. you did your best you can do no more than that.

i have just lost mine last weekend after 4 years, so know how it feels.

the ball was in my court tho i just dont want kids (way to selfish) me that is

the real ****a is she is lovely looking (she looks like the bady,s girl in THE MUMMY RETURNS)

and me being so fukcing shallow i,ll replace her.

i,ll have to try the puppy and kitten approach

why do they all want bloody kids so much?

anyway good luck and chin up (not just while training)

·
Looking Freaky
546 Posts
glenn said:
hi pompyman

if i remember you had some probs before (girl A and girl B)

if i remember correct .

i think you have given this one (relationship) a good go

i hope its all gonna be ok with the child. you did your best you can do no more than that.

i have just lost mine last weekend after 4 years, so know how it feels.

the ball was in my court tho i just dont want kids (way to selfish) me that is

the real ****a is she is lovely looking (she looks like the bady,s girl in THE MUMMY RETURNS)

and me being so fukcing shallow i,ll replace her.

sh!t should have said wont be able to replace her:confused1:

i,ll have to try the puppy and kitten approach

why do they all want bloody kids so much?

anyway good luck and chin up (not just while training)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
cheers for the kind words guys and girls,

the ex, her mum .... my mum etc have all given me lectures on AAS saying it leads to cocaine abuse and wife beating!!!! so explaining their naivity is a bit of a long shot but i tried.

i know my ex thinks that AAS is going to be the downfall of me but I am going to prove her wrong and prove that you can be healthy and happy and use legal (if frowned upon) substances.

like i said if it wasnt this it would have been something else.

i think most of us on here know how much bodybuilding draws you in and takes over your life, and in this case it was a bit too much. i love my daughter with all my heart and will always be there for her and support her.

·
Retired
39,602 Posts
Ah yes, the ol ultimatum, that is a desperation move there.

Considering you guys probably don't have the best communication thing going on, it would have been better to just hide it.

But, sad part here is the child.

Kindof sounds like things were rocky before you decided to tell her or being open with her.

How did you expect her to answer once you told her?

I mean, didn't you kind of know that she was going to lay an ultimatum on you?

·
I am a no body, no bodys perfect there for I am
763 Posts
If steriods are affecting you in a negative way(moods,short temper bla bla you know what i mean) the AAS should be dumped,but if not and its just an ultimatum,I guess it goes down to how you feel about her and whats more important to you.

·
Gym Addict
387 Posts
Lots of people are giving you a pat on the back but I think that's a bit too easy. You could be a selfish ****hole for all I know. I'm not saying you are but it's impossible to know.

All I do know is sterioids are not more important to me than someone I love and my child's best interests.

·
would like to point out that he is great
9,191 Posts
im single and dont do steroids but i would say the steroids

i dont do ultimatums and i would feel if it wasnt the steroids it would be something else later down the road

you mates or me

the gym or me

your balls or me

etc

so all in all i would say the relationship has reached the end of the road pal

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.